SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't live anywhere near a dealer, so I scheduled an appointment at Napleton Autowerks in Schererville, IN near where I will be working next week.

I need to get my used instrument cluster programmed into the computer, and I was thinking about the driving-lights-come-on-with-the-headlights mod while I was at it.They told me it would be $130 to hook it up to the computer, plus the cost of the "software", which could range from $30 to $300.

I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now, but I've never heard the pricing scheme laid out like this. Is this in line, or should I just live with the yellow triangle and airbag warning message?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
238 Posts
hmmm, seems a bit ridiculous! Ive never been charged for software updates, warning light turn off, or anything ECU related. However, I visit the dealer once a month for service, so may be just a courtesy on their part.

If I were you, Id call a local ASE certified shop that works on imports and ask them if they can help. I could be wrong, but I think for what you want to do only requires an OBD computer. Not just a diagnostic one, but the programmer. My local shop has one and is very convenient from time to time when I cant get down to the dealer.

Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts