SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if this unit is equipped with AUX from examining the label or chassis? It should be from a 2007 car (we're pretty sure). I hate to have to pull my HU-650 in order to connect this one just to find out there's no AUX. I've removed and re-installed my '07 V70's HU-650 too many times to look forward to it again.

TIA.

Photograph White Black Font Material property

Product Electronic engineering Gas Electronic component Electric blue

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I think that all of that style radio's have at least 1 AUX input. The 2 lower right round plug ins are for AUX....
Thank you for replying. So this is an AUX-equipped unit.
What do you want to use the AUX for?...
For the Grom unit already installed and connected to my original HU-650, which is acting strangely. It's preset buttons are swapping frequencies between them, sometimes resulting in several tuned to the same frequency as I simply select them (not holding them down). I bought the radio in the photos as a replacement rather than trying for a repair. (It might even have a CD changer that doesn't jam!)

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The replacement works! No more button frolicking. The GROM unit plays through the AUX connection. And now I even have a CD player that doesn't jam.
The Volvo radio is VIN specific, it takes software and marries the CEM. Normally a used Volvo radio will not work...If used parts are needed, Erie Volvo is very knowledgeable and helpful for all used Volvo parts.
No marriage required. I remember those radio marrying issues from my Saabs, along with unlock codes. I'm glad those days are gone! :) On the other hand, I did learn not to disconnect the climate control unit when removing the radio if I didn't want to deal with VIDA later.

I've been a customer of Erie VoVo for wheels and whatnot. Out of curiosity I looked them up on Google satellite maps. They've got a yard stuffed with donor cars for parts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts