I think it's turbo related, but I'm not confident at all.
- It's audible on cold start (when the car is idling at 2000RPM)
- Once the idle RPMs drop, the noise goes away.
- The noise does not come back if I rev the car in park.
- The noise does come back when driving and accelerating at 2000RPM
- When I accelerate beyond ~2500 RPM, the noise abruptly stops
I'm gonna try and pinpoint the noise using a stethoscope. It seems to be coming from the driver/rear side of the engine.
I'm also thinking of pulling out the turbo and checking if the shaft is loose. Anything else I should check before I do that? Am I even on the right track?