SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so im in a parking space and start the car. Let it sit until the rev drop to 1000 and put into reverse. I then cut the wheel to get out of the parking space and when I engage drive, the moment i start to move forward I get this clunk noise. In other words, with the wheels turned all the way to the left in reverse and then engaging drive my car makes a clunking noise. I am at a loss, whenever I take it to my indy I can never make the problem happen so I sound like I am crazy. It has gotten to the point where I am replacing the control arms, ball joints, and tie rods. - FCP had a sale and the bushings on my control arms are cracked so I hope thats the problem.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
That or your tires rubbing. Look behind the wheels for rub marks. Also if you do not already have them get the xc 90 axel bolts.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Axle ping is named not for the exact 'ping' noise it makes but the click noise it makes - not to be confused by a 'clunk'. It's not too loud and does engage usually after sitting for a period and slowly starting movement. I usually get it when I back into my garage after moving forward for sometime because I have to get over the 'water hump' and the torque it creates moving backwards causes my axle ping, or 'click' noise.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Axle ping is definitely more of a "click", not a clunk!

It will occur whether or not the wheels are turned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts