SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the S60 (2011-) forum but I'm looking for some feedback...

I purchased a dealer demo 2012 S60 T5 two months ago and just picked it up today after it's 4th service visit since I purchased it. There was a drilling noise on hard acceleration and a malfunction with the adaptive cruise control that I mentioned in my other posts. Hopefully my car is now fixed.

Anyway, I have a blackbox accident recorder in my car and the technician triggered an "Event Recording" with his driving. He floored the vehicle while turning a corner and driving over railroad tracks!! I feel this is abuse of my vehicle. What should I do?

http://youtu.be/AWPNuZt8Imc

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
He may just be trying to check for things in the car.
Until you learn more about WHY he was doing what
he was doing, I would hold off on any accusations.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am a Volvo Tech in Denver, and to be honest when I test drive a car I drive it hard. Especially if I just did a considerable amount of work on it. That way I know the car was pushed to its limits and had no problems. Or sometimes just to get it to operation temperature, or hear noises.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... I'm over it. It's something I wouldn't do to my vehicle but I guess I baby my car besides the occasional full throttle acceleration on the on-ramp.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Every time my v8 spend the day in the shop, i lose about 30 miles of range. I suspect it is for two reasons, one they might idle more during diagnostics, and two, they drive it hard to make sure it's hot and no problems. I consider it a necessary evil. Most dealers have a "test track" that they send the techs on to evaluate cars. After a while, the techs expect certain behavior out of a car at different obstacles and it helps them diagnose problems.

Finding out how a mechanic drives your car is like finding out how they process meat. Not good but you like the results.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
you complained about a problem under HARD ACCELLERATION.
first step of a tech is to verify the complaint.
which it sounds like he did.
good tech. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts