SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a 2000 vovlo v70 r but I dont know much about these cars or what they are worth. It appears to be a typical R with just over 100k miles. There are no lights on and it drives out fine. It actually looks really good inside and out too. The guy is asking $5500 and I told him I would let him know by tomorrow. Is this a good price for a 2000 volvo v70 R? Are there certain things I should look for before I buy it?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
What's the car?
Where is it?
Color, real mileage, etc
PICTURES or link to the ad and I'll tell you.
"A little over 100K miles"
Easily worth it IF everything is working properly.
Pay attention to the transmission (they go bad) and the AWD system (same)

Oh and it's VOLVO V70R not vovlo v70r!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is in columbus oh. It has 115k miles. Silver with the black leather suede interior. No pics or ad as i found the car by driving by with a for sale sign in it. Records of water pump and timing belt change recently. Also has other misc mintenance records. Only paint is on the rear hatch and it is done well. Everything is working properly from a couple mile test drive i went on. I know this is a rather rare car and dont want to miss a deal. I just dont want to get burnt at the same time

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Well you need to drive it a bit more, get the tranny warmed up, 30 minutes minimum.
If it's still good and not clunking AT ALL, have it checked out and if it's decent, buy it!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
PCV system done? If not it'll need it. Big thing to check in those other misc records.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Take as many pics as you can, get as much info as you can, and post it all in this thread. The combined knowledge of everyone on this forum will tell you whether to buy or walk.

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
AWD system and transmission are the major items to check on this gen car - recommend taking to a mechanic to have it checked out.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Where's it at? jk
Since you don't know this car, make sure an experienced Volvo mechanic checks it out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also, even if the transmission is good (and JRL's advice is solid) - figure some money in a "Stage Zero" right away on it. Even if it doesn't need a timing belt and seals - you are still looking at engine mounts, vacuum lines, all fluids and filter, PCV (as stated), etc. The suspension, ABS module, and ETM (not 100% sure that effect this model) are also prone to need replacement for a vehicle of this age and I'd budget for them also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts