SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am wondering if any PC-based diagnostic software exists for Volvos. I am an Audi owner, and we have a PC-based cable and tool that allows viewing of stats, retrieval of faults, clearing of faults, recoding... Does such a thing exist for Volvo, or is everything accessable through the ODBII interface?

Thanks in advance!
--Dan

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know if Ross Tech does one for Volvo, but there are some basic PDA based versions that might be general enough to work on a Volvo, but probably not as comprehensive as Vag Com.

·
Registered
300 Posts
George,

Yes, there is a system available that's the equivalent of VADIS. That's the good news. The bad news is that by the time you buy the system hardware & software, then add the subscription for a particular model year you've spent upwards of $4000.

But you can buy it from Volvo, if you want to.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by T5 Dave:
George,

Yes, there is a system available that's the equivalent of VADIS. That's the good news. The bad news is that by the time you buy the system hardware & software, then add the subscription for a particular model year you've spent upwards of $4000.

But you can buy it from Volvo, if you want to.
EASE
I use this Palm version but I think the Pocket PC version can do a little better.
The only thing it can't read is the boost pressure, don't know why.
DTC's can be read and reset.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: (Johann)

Johann,

Thanks for the good info. Can a regular owner use it easily to maintain his/her vehicle? Do you know if I can buy a service light reset tool in Europe? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts