SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my ignorance on this but my 04 has a tune using the rica unit. Coming from Subaru I'm wondering if its possible to gain access to ecu for flashing and logging with a cable and software on these cars or?? To be honest I haven't searched it really. I'm going to assume no but figured I would ask. I would love to be able to see what's happening real time and see the maps and targets and what not. I'm no stranger to what it takes. I built and tuned one of the first well functioning megasquirt stand alones on a Subaru from a blank board and a sack of parts on my coffee table. Created the maps from scratch as it was completely uncharted territory at the time.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
you are looking for something called a DICE unit and VIDA is the name of the sofware that goes along with it. then you can plug your laptop in and data log

·
Registered
501 Posts
I believe ipd software allows you to datalog as well but I am not sure if it does a live readout or not. I also do not believe the software allows you to adjust any of the parameters of your tune either, which is disappointing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aliexpress.com sells the vida dice for $135 free shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts