SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if there was some type of update like they did theheadlights.

Gary

·
Registered
133 Posts
by updates to the headlights do you mean a slight design change? I've never noticed, I should pay better attention. The fog lights are pretty simple, they might have changed the bulbs to a higher power rating or maybe added a high power ballast? I am pretty sure the front bumpers on all C70s were the same so I don't think they would go thru the trouble of changing the fog lamps and have to change the mounting brackets. You could do a search for C70 fog lamps on Ebay and the seller of a set might have a cross referencing data-base on their add that you could use to check, just a thought.
I've been thinking about changing mine to HID but I've spent quite a bit on other parts to get mine up to date on service.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No difference. Single part number per side across all model years up to 2005 when they discontinued the P80 C70.

·
Registered
605 Posts
by updates to the headlights do you mean a slight design change? I've never noticed, I should pay better attention.
Where have you been? I thought everyone knew of the 04 Jewel headlights. Big difference
Volvo also updated the rear tail lights, very small difference

EDIT oh yeah the grill too

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
It is also extremely easy to add aftermarket fog lights of the same diameter in the holes. The mounting distance is some nominal dimension so the ones I bought just mounted right to the factory bracket. I thought they looked very nice with the jewel headlights, I never even wired them up. Plus they were only $30 for the pair.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I was gonna get around to it, I swear! I even picked factory plugs out of a junkyard car so I could wire them in without hacking the harness, I just only drove this car in nice weather and the jewels are so nice I never needed more light.

But I won't apologize for how cheap I was, because screw paying $180 or whatever for factory foglights! :p

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I like your style lloyd. And everytime I see your damn car pics makes me want a vert so bad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts