SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any improvement/change happen ? Or model 2016 (that is being built now) is exactly the same as the very first edition ?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
All new body-style XC90's are MY16. There was no 2015 model year.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The First Edition is a 2016 XC90. They just offered a few unique options on 1,927 among the first few thousand produced and gave them special badging. I don't recall all the unique things off-hand but it was nothing important. Originally it was the only one that got the charcoal headliner but they started allowing that after all the requests for it. The 120V outlet. A special leather key fob. A First Edition icon on the tailgate and something that says First Edition XXX of 1927 on the lip of the car at the bottom of the door when you open it. The B&W sound system had the CD player which I guess some don't. And we got the CarPlay update free. Again, nothing material. And it came in exactly one configuration. You have to accept black, Amber interior, all the standard options included, etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Did any improvement/change happen ? Or model 2016 (that is being built now) is exactly the same as the very first edition ?
There was no 2015 MY for the XC90 as mentioned.

There have been TSBs issued and software updates since the first production models were released.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The First Edition is a 2016 XC90. They just offered a few unique options on 1,927 among the first few thousand produced and gave them special badging. I don't recall all the unique things off-hand but it was nothing important. Originally it was the only one that got the charcoal headliner but they started allowing that after all the requests for it. The 120V outlet. A special leather key fob. A First Edition icon on the tailgate and something that says First Edition XXX of 1927 on the lip of the car at the bottom of the door when you open it. The B&W sound system had the CD player which I guess some don't. And we got the CarPlay update free. Again, nothing material. And it came in exactly one configuration. You have to accept black, Amber interior, all the standard options included, etc.
Weren't you supposed to also get the crystal shifter? And Volvo didn't deliver them with it and acted like nothing was wrong?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
The crystal gear knob was shown in interior pictures that was not clear a T8 or T6. And apparently it became clear later not for T6 but some people were expecting fully loaded options when pre-ordered the First Edition including the crystal gear knob. Hence the confusion.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Weren't you supposed to also get the crystal shifter? And Volvo didn't deliver them with it and acted like nothing was wrong?
It became clear months before the FE's reached customers that they wouldn't have the crystal shifters, but yes there was confusion based on the early marketing materials. They also originally promised third row power folding seats in the spec but later withdrew this. For people who had ordered prior to the change they gave them a gift.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just to be precise, there were XC90's sold as MY2015 but that was oversees*. They were the same vehicles that we got here in the USA labeled as 2016's. ( *the xc90 went on sale oversees several months before sales opened up in other markets. )

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The 120V outlet.
Was hoping for that :( The T8 documentation I have for the North American version indicates the 120 VAC outlet is on the Excellence version. (Now - if I could have ordered that.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Depends on the market you are in. I believe in Europe, the new XC90 came out as MY15. Based on OP's profile, looks like he or she is from Europe.
nope, in Europe the all new xc90s are all MY16, even the FEs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts