SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the actual speed of the up/dn of the glass, but the switch. My wife is really unhappy with the way the windows react to her touch. I have not approached the dealer yet, but thought there might be a rheostat that could dial back the power surge. Appreciate any thoughts.

Jim

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Just to clarify, she's unhappy with how quickly the window responds to the switch being pressed or pulled and would prefer that there be a delay between the switch being pressed and the window reacting? I'm having trouble understanding the goal and reason why this would be a problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... thanks for the interest. When she touches the switch/s .."They go all the way up..before they go down" ..or visa-versa. I seem to be able to 'quick touch' (a very light/fractional touch) the switch and get it to stop in various positions. My sense is that she's holding the switch too long.. thinking maybe there's some way to throttle back the response time.

Jim

·
Registered
158 Posts
... thanks for the interest. When she touches the switch/s .."They go all the way up..before they go down" ..or visa-versa. I seem to be able to 'quick touch' (a very light/fractional touch) the switch and get it to stop in various positions. My sense is that she's holding the switch too long.. thinking maybe there's some way to throttle back the response time.

Jim
A quick depression and release (tap) of the switch will make the window ascend completely. To depress and hold the switch, this will allow the user to contol the window to ascend/descend to the desired height.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
If she's holding the switch for too long, increasing the response time would likely make the problem worse if anything.

If the problem is the auto up/down feature, whether the automatic function is engaged actually depends on how far you depress or raise the switch. It would then be an issue of pressing or pulling too hard.

See here: http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/2008/2008_v70/08v70_03b.htm#pg99

I don't know if there is any way to disable the automatic feature of the power windows.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think you can only test the switch with the scan tools. I am not sure whether you can calibrate the lag of the switch? Could be wrong.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haaaaa.. says the blind man.

Manual up/down
Move one of the controls up/down gently. The power windows move up/down as long as the control is held in position.

Auto up/down
Move one of the controls up/down as far as possible and release it. The window will open or close completely.

Thanks Matt .. and all. I am pretty sure this falls into the folder; "I can't get the internet to work?!"

Cheers.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts