SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Re: (zigger)

The shifter should have 3 contact points. Upshift, Neutral and Downshift. You can tap into them and install your own paddles/buttons/whatever on the back of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Re: (Volvo Grrrr)

There was a BMW club magazine that had a set of paddle shifters made out of CF someone was making and sell, but I haven't seen the ad for a while now.
That would of been a good start.
Maybe someone with back issues could look.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts

Quote, originally posted by zigger »
I would love that! Is there a paddle Kit that anyone makes? I am surprised nobody has done this yet?

If you look closely, you can use your "Geartronic" to manually shift gears up or down. You have 6 gears to choose from.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
If you look closely, you can use your "Geartronic" to manually shift gears up or down. You have 6 gears to choose from.

LOL

·
Premium Member
12,451 Posts

The GT +/- uses Hall Effect devices... you need to tap into that and mimic that +/- level. Similar Hall Effect devices could be implemented on the steering column.

This is not a learn as you go DIY job though..........

·
Premium Member
6,523 Posts
Re: (Our R)

Quote, originally posted by Our R »
There was a BMW club magazine...

I've got a lot of old Roundels (although I've recently started clearing some of them out at my wife's request). Any idea when it was published? I've got a MT but I'd be happy to provide the info if I can find it or have it.

-Eric

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Re: (adamrs80)

Quote, originally posted by adamrs80 »
I think it would be difficult to make it look nice and factory, although technically it sounds pretty feasible.

That's why I reccomended buttons. Something that would fit behind the spoke and and be big enough to press when you wanted to shift.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Re: Is there a way To Make or ADD paddle shifts on a GT R (frankhoffy)

Quote, originally posted by frankhoffy »
I want my 4C controls on the steering wheel too

If you have the will, you will find a way

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: Is there a way To Make or ADD paddle shifts on a GT R (zigger)

I wouldnt try it.
In order to do this you would have to run thru the SWM via the Contact Reel(SRS area) in order to access the GSM. Not highly recommended, by me anyway.

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: Is there a way To Make or ADD paddle shifts on a GT R (854T5)

Quote, originally posted by 854T5 »
I wouldnt try it.
In order to do this you would have to run thru the SWM via the Contact Reel(SRS area) in order to access the GSM. Not highly recommended, by me anyway.

SOS!

What if you mounted paddles on the steering column so they were fixed?

I like that style anyway - that way you always know where the paddles are, instead of being all crossed up when steering.

I really like this idea....and yes, I know the GT is only a foot away from the wheel.

·
Registered
2019 S60 Pine Gray, M. Brown, Lin. Lime
2,946 Posts
Re: Is there a way To Make or ADD paddle shifts on a GT R (needsdecaf)

Steering wheel ... How many turns lock-to-lock? ... Have to wrap this wire around there that many times ... Tape it gud so it don' come loose ...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.