SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if this is a dumb question. Everything I've found on this forum and off of it with lifting XC70's has been for P2's. I just moved to Colorado and got a P3 XC70 and I absolutely love it. I was wanting to make it a pretty solid off roader down the line to explore Colorado. Not crazy rock climbing or anything like that, but being able to tackle up to intermediate trails is the goal. Is there something with the configuration of the P3's that make them more difficult / expensive to lift than the P2's? I'm a little concerned about the P2's having less power, but I see they're also lighter so maybe if this is the build I want to go for I should sell the P3 for a P2? Any experience on P2's vs P3's in terms of power and off-roading?

Any help from you Volvo experts is appreciated! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cross country performance carries P3 kits too! And there are a few great examples of lifted P3s on Instagram. I think the general reason is that P2s are just more affordable at this point

Reactions: chapmro

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cross country performance carries P3 kits too! And there are a few great examples of lifted P3s on Instagram. I think the general reason is that P2s are just more affordable at this point
I agree. The P2s are more affordable and you can piece together stuff from the junkyard easy with them. I own an 02 XC70 BFG AT tires. It makes the car very capable. As long as there is a turbo on it, it will have plenty of power and torque for off roading. If I were to choose between the two I think I would go with the P3 not for the extra power but for the transmission. It's supposed to be better. My only other thought about differences between the 2 are how far the bumper sticks out in front of the front wheels. There might not be much of a difference but if I had to guess id say its shorter on the P2 which would be better for off roading and ground clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts