SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=63153" TARGET="_blank">Posted under wrong topic, go here -></A><p><br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Sonnenkind at 3:36 PM 8-3-2006</i>

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Is there a Market in the U.S. for the Volvo 480? (Sonnenkind)

Sonnekind...<br>Welcome to SS! Have you tried to sell your 480 on Ebay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is there a Market in the U.S. for the Volvo 480? (universityvolvoOSD)

Not yet. That's why I posted. I'm trying to find out if this is interesting<br>for american Volvo fans at all. If there is no way to get these cars into<br>the U.S. I won't be able to find a good home for the car anyway.<p>Patrick

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Re: Is there a Market in the U.S. for the Volvo 480? (Sonnenkind)

They were never imported, so 1st problem is to get them americanized which will probably be very expensive, also would have to crash test them so have 3-5 for that. Once that is approved probably have to end up modifying bumpers, instruments, seats and other stuff. <p>Could apply for the exotic car import permit? That's how we get B5RS4's in to the US at an enormous cost of around $100k plus cost of car.<p>Before Mercedes imported the G-wagon a few years ago another person took it upon himself to import the SUV's, cost him $2million to get permission, new vehicles cost $100-150k each in the early 90's, just 2 yrs ago Mercedes brought them in for $75-90k.<p>Used Nissan Skyline GT-R's run $35-50k depending on year mostly 10yrs old or more.<p>Don't think there would be enough demand for 480's to justify cost's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts