SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to make a call from my contacts today and when I selected the contact the screen froze (with the contact highlighted).

Does anyone know how to hard re-set the screen?

I of course tried turning the car off, getting out, locking it, walking away, unlocking, re-starting.

It has been on for a couple hours.

And of course in New England it is 45 degrees this morning so the heat is set to 75 and the heated seats are on. It's going to be embarrassing when I pick up a friend later today who is excited to see the car and I have to explain why the car feels like an oven and it's 70 degrees and sunny outside this afternoon. I'll have to also just assure him those cool looking speakers sound great:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe you can remove the negative terminal on the car battery on any of these new cars to force a hard restart.

M

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If there isn't a better way, there really should be. Never thought of it before now but seems so obviously necessary. This reminds me a little of citivas original thread about the radio not turning off and the debate about a hard OFF button (I guess that debate wasn't even for a hard OFF button, just an OFF button at all but same idea... why not? Obviously useful)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts