SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked to my local Volvo dealer as well as those in surrounding States. No one is willing to come off MSRP. Looking around trying to get a deal, I found the A-Plan by Volvo that gets you a "friends and family discount", which is a pre-negotiated dealer invoice price. Apparently, joining Volvo of America for $45 will allow you to take advantage of this offer, however, before I join, does anyone know if the XC90 is included in the A-Plan by Volvo?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have talked to my local Volvo dealer as well as those in surrounding States. No one is willing to come off MSRP. Looking around trying to get a deal, I found the A-Plan by Volvo that gets you a "friends and family discount", which is a pre-negotiated dealer invoice price. Apparently, joining Volvo of America for $45 will allow you to take advantage of this offer, however, before I join, does anyone know if the XC90 is included in the A-Plan by Volvo?
I don't see XC90 on my A-Plan eligible vehicle list.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
The Volvo XC90 is excluded from the Aplan pricing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The best we received is $1,000 off MSRP, as a repeat customer (loyalty discount) at our local Volvo dealer. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same here with the $1000 off. I do think there may be an opportunity to get a better price at the end of MY 2016.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Have you considered OSD? The price is the price (no negotiations) - and you may be able to customise a bit more than what you can configure going through a Volvo dealer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I ordered my T8 last year, I was told I would have to wait until 2017 for OSD. Maybe they were just talking about model year, but even so, that's a long time to wait.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
When I ordered my T8 last year, I was told I would have to wait until 2017 for OSD. Maybe they were just talking about model year, but even so, that's a long time to wait.
Told by the OSD folks or the dealer? Can't believe that OSD would have sold all of whatever they're allotted and you'd have to wait for MY 2017 (it surely can't be calendar year 2017!).

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well, told by a dealer, but he brought it up as a fun option before he checked the availability. Edit: looks like other dealers are saying the same thing
Bob Kennedy would be the guy in the know. From those comments - and info I found elsewhere - appears that OSD has sold out of their 2017 MY XC90 T8 allocated units - no surprise there!.

I have no idea when the 2017 MY starts - my OSD 2013 MY XC90 was delivered at the end of April 2012 (and ordered the November prior) ... someone in another thread said something about being able to order MY 2017 vehicles in Europe now - but I just took a quick look at the Swedish site and I didn't see that as being the case. The issue likely boils down to pricing and packaging of the 2017 MY vehicles - once that's set they'll probably open OSD orders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts