SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone know if the seats in a 2004 VR and SR can be swapped? Also the door panels?

The front seats look indentical but I'm not sure about the rear cushions and door panels.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
would anyone know if the seats in a 2004 VR and SR can be swapped? Also the door panels?

The front seats look indentical but I'm not sure about the rear cushions and door panels.

Thanks
Rear seats and doors are definitely different.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
The rear door panels could be the same..

Yes the doors are different, bigger in the VR. But its not like the SR door panels cover the whole door either. I would think that volvo would want as few different parts as possible. So the rear seats might be the only different thing.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
To the OP, from the B-pillar forward, S60 and V70 would be the same.

Rear seats and doors are definitely different.
Rear doors I get. ~2" longer wheelbase on the wagon and different shaped doors.

However, what are the differences on the rear seats? I'm not saying you're incorrect, just wanting to understand the differences. I've never verified the two side by side. As I think of it, here are some differences I can think of...
1. head rests - remote release on S60. Manual release on V70.
2. lower seat cushion - is the V70 differnt to accomodate optional integrated child seats?
3. different rear of the upper cushion. V70 more visible from the boot. Upper LATCH anchors.
4. S60 has pass through trunk door on upper cushion. V70 doesn't (at least mine doesn't); it only has 60/40 split fold down.
5. back side of upper cushion on V70 has cargo net on my wagon.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was going to make an offer on that attacama interior from the SR that's for sale but I guess it wasn't meant to be unfortunately.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
To the OP, from the B-pillar forward, S60 and V70 would be the same.

However, what are the differences on the rear seats? I'm not saying you're incorrect, just wanting to understand the differences. I've never verified the two side by side. As I think of it, here are some differences I can think of...
1. head rests - remote release on S60. Manual release on V70.
2. lower seat cushion - is the V70 differnt to accomodate optional integrated child seats?
3. different rear of the upper cushion. V70 more visible from the boot. Upper LATCH anchors.
4. S60 has pass through trunk door on upper cushion. V70 doesn't (at least mine doesn't); it only has 60/40 split fold down.
5. back side of upper cushion on V70 has cargo net on my wagon.
I think you're correct on all 5 counts. For #2, the S60R rear seat is more "buckety" on the outboard positions but in the V70R it's less so - more of a proper three-across bench seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts