SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this from a major, well-known Volvo parts distributor. It’s supposed to be a brand new Mahle unit.

Are they typically this banged up like this when new? I’m worried about some of the dings in it could affect functionality and just want to make sure I’m not being unreasonable when I contact the vendor.

·
Registered
16,103 Posts
Yep. Nbd that’s the end. Hope you got new genuine Volvo o rings for the job!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does the metal knee bolster on the passenger side have to come out to remove the heater core from that side?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the metal knee bolster on the passenger side have to come out to remove the heater core from that side?
Every video I have seen says you must pull it. When I change mine, I plan on taking that step to ensure I have clearance.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Every video I have seen says you must pull it. When I change mine, I plan on taking that step to ensure I have clearance.
The video I saw was for the S70 and it just pulled out easily. I tried to remove the bolster on mine today and it wouldn't come out. It is too wide. The bolster is put in before the lower dash.

·
Registered
16,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Quality control sucks these days for the most part. Should it be banged up like that? No. Will it negatively impact performance/longevity? Probably not. I'd run it.

I don't remember pulling the passenger side knee bolster in my '98 when I changed the heater core. Not sure if the 850 has less clearance, but I don't think it would be any different. I usually pull them out from the driver side anyway. But I still don't remember having to remove that knee bolster. Hmm...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts