SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have a few more weeks to change the options on my new S80 T6. So far I have everything but the Navigation system. I understand it is one of the best offered by anyone but is it really worth the $2400? I welcome any opinions. I love to travel and so far have not had a problem with paper maps
Thanx

Glen

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Gangelt:
I only have a few more weeks to change the options on my new S80 T6. So far I have everything but the Navigation system. I understand it is one of the best offered by anyone but is it really worth the $2400? I welcome any opinions. I love to travel and so far have not had a problem with paper maps
Thanx

Glen
First of all, the cost should be USD1895.- If you love to travel, yes, it is worth it. DO you need it? Probably not, it is a GADGET! But a mighty fine gadget it is!

Yannis

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
In Germany, can't you get the RTI Nav System with TV Tuner as well? If so, I think that it is worth it for sure! I wish we had that option here in the U.S.

-Drew

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Thanx

Glen
When my GF was looking at a new Acura TL, she asked the same question if Nav was worth the cash. She decided to get a TL with Nav. She couldn't be happier. We use it all the time. It is totally worth it. It's amazing how much paper maps don't show and tell you.

[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 05-19-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

The system isn't any good without the $500 DVD
I'll have to find one to play with.
What do you mean? Here in the States, you pay $1,895 and you get the complete system!

Yannis

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here you have to buy the Europe DVD and then the U.S. DVD when return to the states next year.

The TV Tuner is between the seats with the DVD for the rear passengers. It's not related to the Nav system.

Still trying to make up my mind......

Glen

·
Registered
15 Posts
you can get a top of the line hand held GPS that does the same thing for $400 and you'll be able the move it from car to car. I had to fly to San Diego on business and rent a car last month and I brought mine with me. Much more versitile solution. I even use it on my motorcycles.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

The TV Tuner is between the seats with the DVD for the rear passengers. It's not related to the Nav system.

Glen
You can still get the RTI with TV in Europe for the front passengers correct? Or is this not available on cars with the rear entertainment system?

-Drew

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get this on the European Volvos but I havn't heard anything like that on the U.S. models.

Glen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts