SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 V60 T6 RD Platinum from a dealer that wasn't able to tell me if it had been p* optimized. However, I found a sticker inside the gas door(see picture) and a left over polestar box with some documents (not the certification) in the glove compartment. I have contacted polestar directly to see if they can tell me by looking up the vin (still waiting to hear back). A volvo dealer offered to hook it up to a computer and charge 1.5 hours of labor to see if they can find out (how nice of them). Does the gas door sticker or decal come with the polestar optimization or is that on every Volvo? Are there any other ways to find out if the car has in fact been optimized? --the car does not have the blue p* decal on the rear--

·
Registered
63 Posts
Likely your previous owner didn’t like the little blue badge and removed it , or possibly someone stole it off the trunk.

The box with the Polestar jewelry in it and that sticker (our 2016 doesn’t have one! But our window sticker lists it as an option) makes me fairly convinced you have the P-Star optimized software.

Otherwise it’s hard to tell without side by side driving with a non optimized S60 to recognize the driving dynamics differences.

We did add a VERY costly P-star racing exhaust system that came with its own little sticker placed on the radiator support by the local dealer who installed it.

Drive that car like you stole it! You got a Polestar brother/sister.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
If your 2016 V60RD is a 3.0L 6cyl than you definitely have the Polestar tune and just missing the rear badge; my former 2012 S60RD and current 2015 V60RD both had the Polestar fuel door stickers. The 2.0L 4cyl R-Design's in the US did not come standard with Polestar tuning like the 6cyl models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents! I'm fairly convinced it has been optimized especially if you're saying the 2016 V60 RD 3.0T came with it from the factory. It felt like it pulled a little harder than the 2.0L RDs I test drove. That could just be me playing favorites. I'll confirm next time I'm in for service at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It’s just more fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 2016 V60 T6 RD Platinum from a dealer that wasn't able to tell me if it had been p* optimized. However, I found a sticker inside the gas door(see picture) and a left over polestar box with some documents (not the certification) in the glove compartment. I have contacted polestar directly to see if they can tell me by looking up the vin (still waiting to hear back). A volvo dealer offered to hook it up to a computer and charge 1.5 hours of labor to see if they can find out (how nice of them). Does the gas door sticker or decal come with the polestar optimization or is that on every Volvo? Are there any other ways to find out if the car has in fact been optimized? --the car does not have the blue p* decal on the rear--

The proper way is to ask another dealer to check it for you while you're doing the service. It probably only takes the stealer technician 1 minute to find out...

DESCRIPTION:
A customer may question whether or not their vehicle has the Polestar engine optimization software installed.
This can be checked using Vehicle Details in VIDA.
Profile the vehicle in VIDA using VIN or type and chassis.
Select “Vehicle Details” in the top left.
When the new window appears, scroll down and click on “Variant Attributes.”
Scroll down or search for “ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AFTERMARKE”

P3:
If the configuration parameters look like this, then the vehicle has Polestar engine optimization software installed.
260K ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AFTERMARKE B6304T4 304/440 ->
If the configuration parameters look like this, then the vehicle does not have Polestar engine optimization software installed.
2601 ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AFTERMARKE Standard calibration engine

P1:
If the configuration parameters look like this, then the vehicle has Polestar engine optimization software installed.
2608 ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AFTERMARKE B5254T7 230/320 ->
If the configuration parameters look like this, then the vehicle does not have Polestar engine optimization software installed.

P2:
2606 ENGINE OPTIMIZATION AFTERMARKE B5254T2 210/320 -> ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This community is awesome! Thank you all for the help! I'll be sure to update once I go in for the next service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts