SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They won't sell you parts without your vin# but they don't use it to get you the right parts..
I picked up a timing belt kit which had the wrong tensioner. I brought it in to swap it out when I was picking up a fog light grill. I got home and went to put it on the car and its also incorrect.Seems to be the right size and all bit doesn't match the original. Only difference being new is slotted.and the old one is solid. Is the one I picked up the newer style ?

What's on my car(don't mind the dirt)

What I got

·
Registered
491 Posts
Post your pick again, but this time use only one "http://"

·
Registered
584 Posts
They won't sell you parts without your vin# but they don't use it to get you the right parts..
I picked up a timing belt kit which had the wrong tensioner. I brought it in to swap it out when I was picking up a fog light grill. I got home and went to put it on the car and its also incorrect.Seems to be the right size and all bit doesn't match the original. Only difference being new is slotted.and the old one is solid. Is the one I picked up the newer style ?

What's on my car(don't mind the dirt)

What I got
OH - you got the better, cooler looking version. Some of us spent an hour using an X-acto knife cutting out that same areas....

:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ipdron-thanks that should prove handy.

Fastwgn-wouldnt you just see the rest of the fog light housing and mounting ?
Not if you have a r-Kelly ram intake

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
and it's important to get the engine serial number on the timing cover to get the right kit as the 2004 included both styles.
Where else can the engine serial number be found? There's never been one on my timing cover. No stickers, nothing embossed or engraved.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
If the number is not legible or the sticker is missing, you can find it stamped on a boss on the cylinder block. It is not always easy to see but it will include the engine family and the serial number.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Timing Belt Kits:

ENG -3188688, B5254T4 - Part No.: 31339840
ENG 3188689-, B5254T4 - Part No.: 30731727

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Any one have. Picture of these grills on their car?

And is there a.way of getting the old one off without removing anything else ? I imagine it just a matter of disengaging the tabs that hold it in place?
Read the how to on IPD's website for their ram intake and yes plenty of people run these fog grills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts