SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased the car 7 months ago or so the PO never mentioned that it had been previously tuned. But I am regularly boosting around 19-20 psi (didn't hold as it usually does in this video but usually spikes around 21 and holds 19-20) Even on warmer days I hold steady around 18lbs. Even if my car has as many mods as it does the stock tune wouldn't allow more boost than the stock 16.5 or whatever it is right? Is there a way to tell if my car has a tune of some sort and what it would be?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Vida will pop up with an ecm error most of the time. Have you pulled the ecm to see if there is a sticker on it?

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Good tunes like IPD's will not generate those faults. Assuming you don't have any codes for boost control issues then it sure sounds like you have a tune to me.

Most tunes are loaded via software now, so its also useless to go seeing if there is a sticker on your ECU as well.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You most likely have a custom tune with the common brands, i personally have a BSR tune stage 2 and i pull to 20+ as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am able to use VIDA and scan for codes no problem. I haven't noticed any software codes anything out of the ordinary. Besides the problems I already know what they are pretty much. I guess its cool that it is already tuned, but I wish there was a way for me to know what tune.. I will try and look down into the ecu anyways and see.
Thanks for the insight guys! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are my latest and greatest codes if that helps at all? Would any of these be caused by a tune? This was before I cleared everything. Hints to some fixes are always welcome too!!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Some highly intermittent faults will build up in the system over time making your first scan in a while look quite scary. Since you have DICE just clear it out and deal with what remains and pops up as you rack up the miles. If that camshaft solenoid code pops up again replace it, I was losing several percent of my total torque output when my exhaust solenoid was lagging and its an easy fix.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the camshaft code will clear when I erase codes for a few days and reappear after a while. I will have to look into that one. would that possibly fix any other problems along with it?

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
The only other thing of great importance on that list is the O2 sensor, so be prepared to change it too if it comes back. Everything else on the list looks trivial.

Hopefully the SAS code is just a passing communications problem, but for best handling you will want to rectify that as well if it comes back often.

If you click the details button for a particular code it will give you an indicator of how frequently its been occurring.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the insight, the O2 sensor is a newer code I think that doesnt always pop up. but the SAS and DEM codes are regular unfortunately.. I am replacing the haldex pump, fluid, filter, and sensor soon before winter so hopefully that helps. After that I will see about the SAS. I have looked around for a picture or description of cleaning or replacing the camshaft reset valve but cant find one. Is it worth a try to clean it first?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Drive your car and read again. If it asks for if you want an update since previous readout for same VIN was found, you click update. And then click Delivery tab. Make screenshot.
Initial tab is useless

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drive your car and read again. If it asks for if you want an update since previous readout for same VIN was found, you click update. And then click Delivery tab. Make screenshot.
Initial tab is useless
I will do this next time I get a chance. I have looked at all of the different tabs but don't really understand the differences between them. Delivery basically shows the same codes but only the red ones usually. The initial tab just basicly shows EVERYTHING even slightly wrong on the car right? What are the selected and unselected csc tabs for?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts