SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Check for broken front springs, I had both of mine break and I had the same issue, I had to drive up onto some old brake rotors to get the hoist arms under the car.

2009 C70 year round daily

· Registered
72 Posts
WOW 3 broken springs?!. Is this a common thing?. If I end up in the same situation, I will do a "Junkyard parts special" for sure.
To be fair, I live in Minnesota, and I drive it year round. The salt can be brutal. After the junkyard spring broke 3 months in, I ended up buying new strut assemblies from rockauto.com this past march along with new control arms, and inner and outer tie rods. The bushings were shot, the spring was broken, and the toe adjustments were seized solid. Next up is a complete refresh on the rear since the bushings back there just tore a month or two ago.

My car is 11 years old, and most of the parts I am replacing are likely original, plus I drive spiritedly and in all types of conditions. So it may or may not be common, but that is what happened to mine.

· Registered
72 Posts
The car rode harsh, but was driveable. The way they broke actually trapped the broken coil against the seat and kept them from being a hazard. What made it undrivable was the bushings, since the alignment was so off. Every patch of ice I found caused me to shift a couple inches in the lane.

· Registered
72 Posts
Dang...I hope I never have to find out how much my indie Volvo wrench would charge for a suspension re-fresh(especially a fairly comprehensive one!!!). Any ideas what amount of $$$ is involved???
I am a professional auto tech, so I did all my own work. Can't tell you what labor would be, but if I recall correctly the parts I got for the front (plus an engine mount, as shown in the pic from my previous post) was around $500 ish. The parts I am planning to get for the rear will be between $300 to $400. I bought them all off rockauto because I don't have a lot of extra money, but if you are big on name brand it could go up from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.