SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, although I am not urgent to buy a car (I have no need to reasonably so) I still have a bit of a dilemma.

I have been searching for a V70R manual / really good auto literally since 2016 and I have found nothing good anywhere in Ontario, let alone Toronto. :angryfire:

Thus, I must ask...

Is it even worth looking for a good VR? Is it even possible to do so without travelling? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Like I said, I don’t need one - heck my XC90 is perfect - but it would be cool to get a VR, especially considering how cool they are (I’m sure you all understand).

Thanks, SVA

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think it is, but you will probably need to travel. I had to fly out to get mine and drive it home 14 hours. It is extremely hard to find a 6 speed VR. There is a very nice one now in my town, but I have never seen another in my area for sale.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been considering selling my 04 V70R M66. I live in Windsor Ont.

I daily it, so I would need to find a replacement. My plan was to keep it until March of 2020. Perhaps we should chat.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
They're around but VR and SR's are fairly rare at this point. Not sure which service shops see them most frequently (you can chat with the service advisors) - probably downtown Toronto, north Toronto, Unionville - I've seen several around Volvo Metro West (Etobicoke) over the past few years. Does Frank from EST still have his? Maybe he may be open to selling if so.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I bought my S40 from Enthusiast Auto Sales in Toronto (Terry is the owner, I believe). They had a VR at the time (Nov 2017) which Terry was using as his personal car - no idea if it has been sold or not. It was somewhere in the 10-15k range at the time. Edit: I think it was black/attacama.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You'll have to look farther away, and consider flying one way and driving back, or getting it shipped. There's a nice auto 04 near me: https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/nanaimo-volvo-v70r-performance-wagon/6854155389.html

If you are set on a 05-07 manual, you need to be looking country wide, or consider getting one from the US. The import process is pretty straight forward and well documented at this point. You also have to be ready to jump on them when they pop up for sale, the good ones go fast.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I purchased my SR in Albany, NY and the import process was very easy.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I imported my 07VR from Toronto. It's a GT though. Import process was indeed very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts