1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter wheels of course :p

·
Registered
438 Posts
I put on my winters and still almost didn't make it to the airport yesterday. Crazy in Denver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Weather says we have at least another 2 weeks of above freezing in CT... However, now that I'm writing this I'm probably going to regret saying that.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I'm doing the switch this weekend or the next for my Wagon.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Funny you post this because I wanted to run summer tires for the next month because theyre on some new wheels I just got a hold of. But I'd switch now yeah. Get it out of the way now so you don't have to freeze your fingers off when you need em!

·
Premium Member
3,740 Posts
Commuting in at 25F today, I'll be switching to the winter wheels this weekend. Summer compounds don't like the cold.

·
2,521 Posts
We are still yet to get snow or salt worthy weather. Coulda kept my caR out for another few weeks.

Better safe than sorry, I'd put em on if you have the chance

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some will be switched, others I'm deliberating.

The S7 has 19 Super sports so the 19 Conti winters are definitely going on this week.

The R has 18 PS3's which I bought for the sole purpose of being able to drive aggressive in the fall, Ps3's are not only LRR but are also the one of the best cold performing summer tires out. Unlike the PSS they do not require a warm up and are good on cold roads (Hence why they are 75 more a tire then the PSS). I still feel the 17 Blizzaks are bit aggressive when the roads are still very good.

The A4 Wagione has 17 Conti pro contact AS w/e and 16 Michelin Primacy Alpin, that has to wait for a replacement tire but that is also getting switched very soon being a DD.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Time for snows here.

I already had to fire up my tractor and plow snow.

Nothing I love more than waking up early to go freeze my balls off driving around plowing snow in my unheated open cab tractor.

If it snows good, and plow my entire driveway it take 2-3 hours.

I guess the good part is I'm not doing it by hand.

I think we're going to get dumped on this winter, we are due.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here in MI we had about 2 days of a lot of snow and cold temps but for about 2 weeks now its been around 35-50F... I put my snow tires on just before the snow out of necesity... I had wires poking out and the tread was just about falling off my old tires! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had to swap from summer to winter wheels 3 times for my inspection (summer tires at wear bar and one has bubble :mad: and failed 2 times for dumb small things), so I'm putting off switching them again until we actually see snow in the forecast. As long as I don't get caught off guard by slushy snow, I'm not too worried since the PSS's were driveable in a foot of powder last year, but horrendous in a half inch of slush.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Damn skiers..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Got stuck in the massive blizzards in Colorado/Utah a couple weeks ago with my summer tires on and over 1000 miles from home. Scariest drive I've ever done. Throw the winters on when I got home, after I cleaned the sh*t out of my driver's seat.

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, installed the S7's winters. Two more to go!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have my winter tires mounted on on winter wheels all ready to go. Was going to do it this weekend. But saw that the temps will be around 40 degrees and with my all seasons, that should be fine for a little longer.

Have to change the oil anyways in the next 400 miles, so I will be doing it all at once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts