SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Pull the fuse? or wire a switch inline with the fuse so you can turn it on/off.

I did this on my dad's old SHO. It had struts similar to 4C and a system called SARC. Semi-active ride control, under hard corners it would stiffen on its own and soften under slower cruising. With it off it was basically like turning Koni's on full hard.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Traction control (TC)
This function is designed to help reduce wheel spin by transferring power from a drive wheel that begins to lose traction to the wheel on the opposite side of the vehicle (on the same axle).
TC is most active at low speeds.
This is one of the STC/DSTC's permanent functions and cannot be switched off.

Spin control (SC)
The spin control function is designed to help prevent the drive wheels from spinning while the vehicle is accelerating. Under certain circumstances, such as when driving with snow chains, or driving in deep snow or loose sand, it may be advisable to temporarily switch off this function for maximum tractive force.

Temporarily switching off Spin control
S60R
Press the DSTC button on the center control panel (see page 50) for at least a half a second. "DSTC SPIN CONTROL OFF" will be displayed and the indicator light in the button will go out.

Other S60 models
- Turn the thumb wheel (1) on the left-side steering wheel lever until the STC/DSTC menu is displayed.
- Hold down the RESET button (2) to toggle between STC/DSTC SPIN CONTROL ON or OFF.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Same dash as my 07 2.5t but when I turn the control on the turn signal one of the screens says DSTC on. That's quite odd that yours doesn't. Unless somehow or another the feature was removed or disabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So DSTC would have been an option when your car was built. Looks like your outta luck there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Should I try pulling the fuze out, hahah it's connected to abs, stc, and dtsc, hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've already gave you the right information. The only one thing looks weird that you can't find the right place to control it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
DSTC came standard on all 2007+ volvos, which is why some people here saw it when turning the turn signal stalk.

Is your s60 awd? If there's no stc/dstc button on the center console, then you have TRACS which doesn't seem nearly as intrusive as stc/dstc

·
Registered
224 Posts
The bottom line is, even with DTSC/STC, you'll be able to get sideways in the snow if you want to. Trust me... got chased out of a parking lot by campus police last winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts