SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Is it possible to do an OSD with a P* ?

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  johnauten 
#1 ·
Does anyone know? I am planning on placing an Overseas delivery order within the next year or so and I am currently in the beginning stages of searching for the type of vehicle I would want. Either a regular S60 RD or a Polestar, but I was just curious if anyone knew if it was possible to order a Polestar and do the OSD trip as well? Has anyone on here done that and how was it?

#8 ·
I tried to do OSD on my '15.5. Spoke with the program people and got nowhere. It really is a missed opportunity. As we have seen, a lot of us P* owners are new to Volvo and are not all "sold" on the brand. We all love our cars, but this could have gone a long way towards building the brand for some of their "premium" customers.

#11 ·
When the P2 Rs came out, they were on the OSD program. Volvo even threw in tickets to a F1 race to gain support and adaption of the caR.

#16 ·
That's interesting. I have seen this "provisional" sheet in the past. I suppose the "provisional" part means it's subject to change but if that is the case, why make it a public document?

I would love to do OSD on a P* car. Do we think the '17 still as the inline six?

#15 ·
Missed opportunity? Not really. The margin on these is not good. Gearheads like me have priced the parts involved, Volvo is not getting it back in the purchase price, not even close. OSD makes it worse. I don't blame them at all. As they increase the price, it could happen.

#18 ·
The transition to the 4 cylinder was a driving factor for me to buy a 2016. Not that I don't trust a high output 4, but I never like to adopt new tech in the first year of release. All could be fine, but then again it could go wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.