SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know? I am planning on placing an Overseas delivery order within the next year or so and I am currently in the beginning stages of searching for the type of vehicle I would want. Either a regular S60 RD or a Polestar, but I was just curious if anyone knew if it was possible to order a Polestar and do the OSD trip as well? Has anyone on here done that and how was it?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks. I may just settle for a regular R-Design anyway..still undecided.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Missed opportunity here for Volvo and building the P* brand, IMHO. OSD would have made me an early adopter of the 15.5s.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I tried to do OSD on my '15.5. Spoke with the program people and got nowhere. It really is a missed opportunity. As we have seen, a lot of us P* owners are new to Volvo and are not all "sold" on the brand. We all love our cars, but this could have gone a long way towards building the brand for some of their "premium" customers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
buy a year old polestar like the one on ebay for 53k and use the 10k savings go to europe.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I tried to do OSD on my '15.5. Spoke with the program people and got nowhere. It really is a missed opportunity. As we have seen, a lot of us P* owners are new to Volvo and are not all "sold" on the brand. We all love our cars, but this could have gone a long way towards building the brand for some of their "premium" customers.
When the P2 Rs came out, they were on the OSD program. Volvo even threw in tickets to a F1 race to gain support and adaption of the caR.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It could have but it all comes down to money. We all know a S60 T6 R-Design with a load of options fitted isn't a huge price difference from a P*, those lightweight wheels, brembo brakes, fancy exhaust all come at a cost. Volvo clearly didn't have the margin on this model line to do the required discounts under that scheme.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
It could have but it all comes down to money. We all know a S60 T6 R-Design with a load of options fitted isn't a huge price difference from a P*, those lightweight wheels, brembo brakes, fancy exhaust all come at a cost. Volvo clearly didn't have the margin on this model line to do the required discounts under that scheme.
The OSD discounts come from the fact that you import the car to the USA as a "used" car rather than new, so the import tariff is lower. So no impact to "margin" is necessary.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Missed opportunity? Not really. The margin on these is not good. Gearheads like me have priced the parts involved, Volvo is not getting it back in the purchase price, not even close. OSD makes it worse. I don't blame them at all. As they increase the price, it could happen.

·
Registered
13,504 Posts
Looks like it might be possible for MY17 P*s.

http://www.flyvolvo.com/V60MY17provisional.pdf
That's interesting. I have seen this "provisional" sheet in the past. I suppose the "provisional" part means it's subject to change but if that is the case, why make it a public document?

I would love to do OSD on a P* car. Do we think the '17 still as the inline six?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
That's interesting. I have seen this "provisional" sheet in the past. I suppose the "provisional" part means it's subject to change but if that is the case, why make it a public document?

I would love to do OSD on a P* car. Do we think the '17 still as the inline six?
No, the '17 is a Drive-E.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The transition to the 4 cylinder was a driving factor for me to buy a 2016. Not that I don't trust a high output 4, but I never like to adopt new tech in the first year of release. All could be fine, but then again it could go wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts