SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here's something I've been pondering about and now trying to see if its possible. Back in May I blew the engine in my 1999 V70XC, lucky for me I had a friend who was rear ended a month prior that totaled his car and bought it back. So I got the deal of the century and bought his 2004 S60R from him and used that as the donor car for my swap. So my 1999 V70XC has been running the S60R engine in it for months now and it runs great.

But I can't help but wonder if its possible to use the intake VVT that came with the S60R engine. I kept all solenoids and sensors in place so my main question is...Is it possible to get it the intake VVT to work with the '99 ME7 and if so what would be required to get it to work? I do obviously know a ecu retune would be needed.

Pics of swap

new intake, etc

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Anything is possible. Considering non-VVT cars are capable of 350+ HP with minimal mods, what do you expect to gain from this modification?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'd be nice to gain a little power and just utilize what I already have on the engine. But honestly I don't really know what to expect out of if it as this is the first car I've owned with any VVT at all and I'm just trying to test the waters here and see if it's been done before or is possible. I almost wonder if it might be as easy as wiring up the solenoid and sensor and finding out where to wire it in and have the ecu retuned. I've been trying to do some research into it but it I haven't had any luck yet.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have no idea where I saw this but I have seem some people use a controller in order to modulate the vvt solenoid based on certain criteria. When I read about this, it was done completely separate from the ecu and was basically a standalone controller. Do a Google search for DIY VVT and see what you come up with. I know there's a way to do it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
It is a turbocharged car... Exhaust CVVT matters more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea where I saw this but I have seem some people use a controller in order to modulate the vvt solenoid based on certain criteria. When I read about this, it was done completely separate from the ecu and was basically a standalone controller. Do a Google search for DIY VVT and see what you come up with. I know there's a way to do it.

Would something like this miata one work?http://www.diyautotune.com/vvtuner/

·
Registered
502 Posts
Would something like this miata one work?http://www.diyautotune.com/vvtuner/
Something along those lines would be fine. Just getting the tables correct for engine load/speed would be the only real work involved. Basically it's just a simple PWM on/off. Just have figure out the correct timing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts