SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm throwing this out to other Volvo owners because I'm curious about your experiences, and trying to determine if maybe I'm expecting too much. I have a Flamenco Red 2015.5 V60, bought new, with quite a few bells and whistles and only 26,000 miles (on the body).

In less than 4 years it has been in the shop 10 times, each being at least a 2 day stay. Most fairly minor, but last year the engine was replaced due to the spark plug issue, so it was close to a month in the shop.

Recently, I had exhaust fumes filling the cabin. The reason, a gasket not doing its job. I think the warranty is up this year and I'm not sure I want a car that has a 2600 mile shelf life before something else goes wrong that I now have to pay to fix. The worst part is I asked the dealer to make me an offer while it was in the shop and they came back with some crazy KBB trade in amount of $10k. 78% depreciation! I know it's a trade in amount, but not cool. Not even worth selling.

This can't possibly be normal behavior that everyone on here just deals with? My 2007 Honda Odyssey with 100000 miles has been in the shop once, and that was for wear and tear items. I get they're different types of cars but that is a huge spread. A Volvo isn't a Ferrari.

Anyway, is this unusual and I just got a bad apple, or this is just normal Volvo? I love the V60. It is a perfect car. But are they just money pits and people deal? I need to know what other's expectations are. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
T5 or T6?
Volvo's typically take a big hit in depreciation, and are often needy cars, but so stylish, safe, & comfortable, that we love them. My car was close to 50K new - I had to wait until it was 9 years old before I felt like I could buy one at a low enough mark as to not lose too much.
That said, 26K seems like a really low mile time to be having such issues.

Send me pics - If you decide to trade at 10, I'll gladly offer more!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a T5 e-drive. I had reservation about buying first year technology but didn't think buying old technology was wise either. Bought it because I love wagons and the seats are amazing. Pretty much this was my only choice in a wagon.

I can't figure it how to post a photo from my phone at this point in my day. I will try to sort it out later.

·
Registered
13,481 Posts
I think you got one that's a little more troublesome than normal, the first year Drive E motor thing aside. By comparison, our similar age XC60 has been in the shop maybe a half dozen times but has been bulletproof for the past two years probably. Car has 44k on the clock. My three and a half year old V60 P* has been in the shop exactly twice for unscheduled items - battery and front brake rotors. Car has 17k on the clock.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
I don't see it in you post, but went to the link after seeing in this reply and...this is hot! You've got 19" Bors!
Seriously - they try and give you ten, I will glad figure out a possible way to buy from you after a PPI.
Where are you? Looks southwest with the yucca.
http://oi65.tinypic.com/zivzpk.jpg

Here is a picture?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I love it everytime I see it and drive it. But I don't love the feeling that it has Gremlins. Sounds like maybe I'm just expecting too much. I'm located in Sacramento area. CarMax offered $15k, just below what I KBB'd the trade in value. It is disappointing to let it go for that little. But after the Volvo dealer basically told me they aren't interested, I'm not interested in staying a customer of theirs. Too bad. I had hoped to upgrade one day to the V90.

If anyone is interested in a bargain, let me know.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/rocklin-volvo-v60-t5-drive-26k-miles/6921891270.html

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
A bit much!. Who is your dealer?
Go buy yourself a GOOD extended warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Considered the extended warranty but as little as I drive it isn't really worth it. I just need a vehicle that works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts