SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every other day i look at my Pegs and i have a chunk of paint missing from the outer edge.
Looks almost like i hit a curb. I know its not curb rash because i am not hitting any curbs.
Cant blame the wife as much as i like too cause she does not drive my car.
Am i the only one????????

Does any else out there with Pegs on a 850 have this issue?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Is it just me????? (854T5)

YOU are it.
Paint does NOT flake off Pegs all by itself

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
If you bought the wheels used or it came with a used car there is a chance that someone painted them...looked nice at first, but their paint job isn't holding up. Just my guess.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Schweder)

Hey guys thanks for the replies. But these are impact chunks. Looks like someone was throwing rocks at the wheels.
The wheels are refinished. I had my body shop refinish them. Even took it back there to show the painter and he agreed with rocks or something coming up from the road hitting them.
Are these wheels prone to debris on the road more than any other wheel due to having no lip? or should i get paranoid over the rock fairy trying to get my wheels

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (854T5)

I've refinished MANY Pegs, two on my R are refinished now, nary one chip over 3 years

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
This is b/c you have the right paint and now the technique as I believe you have done write-ups about Jim.
--Perhaps you have some middle school kids in the neighborhood throwing rocks?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Big Will)

Quote, originally posted by Big Will »
This is b/c you have the right paint and now the technique as I believe you have done write-ups about Jim.
--Perhaps you have some middle school kids in the neighborhood throwing rocks?
Only the Titanium. Never tried to paint a silver Peg.
The point is that as long as a wheel has had the proper PREP, no color should just easily flake or chip off a wheel.
I've been painting wheels for over 20 years now, never had a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts