SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I would love to do some exhaust on the V50 to let her growl a little more, I am just wondering if anyone has done a custom exhaust from a exhaust shop rather than buy the bolt up systems from viva or elevate? If you have let me know what you did and how it turned out! And post pics if you have them.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Hopefully MM will post up, hands down has the best custom exhaust built by Agtronic who is unfortunately no longer in business. Top tier fabricator and overall good guy :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I have on my 72 1800ES. It's a two piece stainless "Stebro" system designed to original spec sizing but tuned to my liking since I have headers. The sound is sweet. Unfortunately Stebro is out of business due to the tough economic climate a few years ago.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ehh mines not exactly custom. i have EST's downpipe but after that is custom 3 inch piping to a magnaflow muffler in the rear with 2 2.5's coming out. i love the sound and gurgle but i keep throwing
P0133 codes :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the p0133 code? i was thinking of doing something similar to you just wait a while on the dp.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hopefully MM will post up, hands down has the best custom exhaust built by Agtronic who is unfortunately no longer in business. Top tier fabricator and overall good guy :thumbup:
On the contrary Kyle. I contacted Markku a couple of moths back to see if he would be interested in doing some custom intercooler piping for me and he responded and said that they'd be able to do it. So, maybe he's just doing side jobs now or something. He never mentioned that they've closed or anything.

As for the exhaust...I love it. Fit and finish is 100% perfect and it sounds amazing. Price-wise, it probably worked out to be less than a bolt-on, pre-fabbed system. I would definitely choose a custom exhaust over anything else...provided you can find a VERY good fabricator. Here are some pics and a sound clip.

http://www.agtronicmotorsport.com/gallery.php?action=view&gallery=4a3a486e10b60831

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6LmhGxm5s

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
what is the p0133 code? i was thinking of doing something similar to you just wait a while on the dp.
its a bank 1 sensor 1 slow sweep / response ... and iv replaced the sensor and it still keeps coming on. the dealer blames it on the downpipe... i dont know what to do :(

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
That's great! I know Markku was taking a break while he did his telecommunications stuff but glad to hear he is back at it. He must have never closed the doors just reduced his work load to side work like you said.

The amount of detail down to the final finish of his products is fantastic.

Have Markku create a jig of your DP and exhaust and sell em! Can make em as he pleases and would be an easy sell :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the contrary Kyle. I contacted Markku a couple of moths back to see if he would be interested in doing some custom intercooler piping for me and he responded and said that they'd be able to do it. So, maybe he's just doing side jobs now or something. He never mentioned that they've closed or anything.

As for the exhaust...I love it. Fit and finish is 100% perfect and it sounds amazing. Price-wise, it probably worked out to be less than a bolt-on, pre-fabbed system. I would definitely choose a custom exhaust over anything else...provided you can find a VERY good fabricator. Here are some pics and a sound clip.

http://www.agtronicmotorsport.com/gallery.php?action=view&gallery=4a3a486e10b60831

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6LmhGxm5s
Wow That Sounds Amazing!!! That is definatley the route i am gonna go. will have to have the cat back done first then add the downpipe after.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hacked off the rear muffler and added a coupler so I can go from axle back (one 90* turn out the side behind the driver side rear wheel) or I can put the stock exhaust back on. I hated the fact that it was just a 2 piece system. I have not "tuned" my custom set up, however it sounds amazing, its just on the loud side. I have a lot of deceleration (sp?) burble (think SRT-4) but I really like that sound.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
its a bank 1 sensor 1 slow sweep / response ... and iv replaced the sensor and it still keeps coming on. the dealer blames it on the downpipe... i dont know what to do :(
have you tried adding spacers for the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Bank 1 is the front o2 you aren't going to want to space that guy. There's no reason the downpipe would cause a slow sweep, it's there to monitor the fuel trims, it's either a sensor or a wiring issue I would imagine.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bank 1 is the front o2 you aren't going to want to space that guy. There's no reason the downpipe would cause a slow sweep, it's there to monitor the fuel trims, it's either a sensor or a wiring issue I would imagine.
yeah, i wasnt going to put a spacer on it. iv heard on the older S40's 1999 that they needed the wiring replaced, but how am i supposed to check such a thing?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Chuck the stock DP on, when the code is one take the car in and have em run diagnostics. Can't blame the downpipe then ;)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Chuck the stock DP on, when the code is one take the car in and have em run diagnostics. Can't blame the downpipe then ;)
would i be able to just bring the car in and ask them to run an eletrical diagnostic?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
If Volvo is still doing the complimentary hour diagnostic you should be able to go in there with a CEL complaint and they will look into it. Would assume they have some vehicle history and would know that a sensor replacement didn't fix the issue. Dealers enjoy using the aftermarket part excuse to brush off repairs. Not all but many. It's a piece of pipe larger than stock on a system designed to exit expended gas, blaming it for a front o2 code is a stretch even for a dealer haha.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Thanks Kyle, ill try and shoot down to the local dealer here in NJ and see what they tell me.

Die Hard anyone? haha love the name man.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
ehh mines not exactly custom. i have EST's downpipe but after that is custom 3 inch piping to a magnaflow muffler in the rear with 2 2.5's coming out. i love the sound and gurgle but i keep throwing
P0133 codes :(
Evolv - wait...what? you dont have a tune yet? drop everything and logon immediately and order the autotech tune. in the notes specify "delete 2nd 02 sensor".
your car will be beast like. oh, and you no longer have to worry about P0133.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
oh, i just realized it's the pre-cat sensor that is your problem. oh well. you should get the tune anyway!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts