SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

121 - 140 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an '18 Inscription with Maroon Brown and 9000 miles. All of the leather looks same as Day 1. In the rear seat, I use a blanket with a double layer sling on top of that, for leather protection when the dogs are there. The sling is amazing and I recommend if you have pets.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Lots of people do. Doesn't have the leg bolsters, it's not as soft and supple, has texture, but seems to be more durable than the Nappa.
he asked about leatherette, I don't thing a lot of people have leatherette. I think most people have the comfort leather seats with their Momentums

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the comfort leather and its starting on mine . Its a 2017 with 9000 miles and it started before 6000 miles. I need to take it in. Is only the Nappa leather? Mine seem to have the new design as well. What are my options. This is unacceptable in my opinion

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have the comfort leather and its starting on mine . Its a 2017 with 9000 miles and it started before 6000 miles. I need to take it in. Is only the Nappa leather? Mine seem to have the new design as well. What are my options. This is unacceptable in my opinion

That is how it starts, but mine looked a lot worse eventually.
But those are the old seats. The new ones have double stitching.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Has anyone tried to Volvo leather cleaner available from amazon? Our front seats are starting to exhibit signs of color transfer. The light amber leather tends to pick up darker colors at the edges too.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Volvo-Leather-Car-31375177/dp/B00MRAHFOK
Don't use Volvo's kit if you have napa leather. I got it from Volvo and it is too strong for the leather. Get some good cleaning products from detailers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is how it starts, but mine looked a lot worse eventually.
But those are the old seats. The new ones have double stitching.
Then I should be qualified for replacement correct? Will they replace both front seats with the new stitching since this stitching is proven no good?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Then I should be qualified for replacement correct? Will they replace both front seats with the new stitching since this stitching is proven no good?
It honestly depends on the warranty department. Your dealer will send pics of it to help desk and they will either approve or deny the repair. They may want to dye it. I would hope they replace the cover at least

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They replaced the driver's side seat in my case without any fuss (but it took them three months to have the new seat base delivered). From other posts I read at the time, I suspect you will have no trouble getting it replaced.
But they absolutely refused the replace the passenger-side seat, as it was showing no signs of wear. I think that's nonsense, but they wouldn't give an inch.
Now the two seats have different stitching. You can't really tell, unless you know what you are looking for. But it's still nonsense, especially knowing the other one will eventually deteriorate as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How tough would it be to change the actual leather cover (i.e. a DIY)? I believe for the amber nappa the part number is 31498831

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
How tough would it be to change the actual leather cover (i.e. a DIY)? I believe for the amber nappa the part number is 31498831
I've done a few of them on older 850's and P2's but it shouldn't be too terribly different. It's actually pretty easy, just a little tedious. Just need to get a set of hog ring pliers (with hog rings) and methodically remove the old hog rings with diagonal cutters or dikes. It's easier to do if the seat is out of the car but make sure you disconnect battery. I'm not sure about the electrics on modern vehicles so YMMV.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
does anyone have a picture of the new stitching om the Momentum comfort seats?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thank you but those are the nice upgraded seats, I have the standard comfort seats similar to whats pictured above. (I wanted those but my better half veto'd them, they didn't fit her as well as the standard seats)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was just looking at my R-Design seats (Nappa/Nubuck) and have no issues after almost 2 years! They look excellent actually 👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
I do too :thumbup:

Will advise if anything happens, but typically leatherette is less likely to have issues.
I have leatherette too.
Regret not getting leather in my 18 T5. Leatherette is so much hotter than leather since it is much less breathable.
Only test drove leather seat in t5 before I purchase T5 since they had no leatherette T5 for test drive. My dealer told me Volvo leatherette is almost same as leather. :angryfire:
Look-wise it is very similar to leather, but it is so much hotter than leather. I didnt sweat on leather, but I sweat on leatherette within 15 min drive..

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I have leatherette too.
Regret not getting leather in my 18 T5. Leatherette is so much hotter than leather since it is much less breathable.
Only test drove leather seat in t5 before I purchase T5 since they had no leatherette T5 for test drive. My dealer told me Volvo leatherette is almost same as leather. :angryfire:
Look-wise it is very similar to leather, but it is so much hotter than leather. I didnt sweat on leather, but I sweat on leatherette within 15 min drive..
Regret, something I'll never get with a car.

Don't listen to dealer. #1 rule.

121 - 140 of 214 Posts