SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I can't imagine I would (have to) cover the seats! Mine won't look like crap soon, being basic charcoal leather.
Somewhat less comfortable but stronger and doesn't show scuffs or marks easily.
According to some it's the skin of poor cows, but I don't mind :p

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
What good are nice seats that you can't see?...if you buy a car for the resale, there are surely better investments.
Seats are to sit in and having a nice seat cover to protect the leather is not an abomination. I got leather seats for comfort, and I am perfectly comfortable with a seat cover over the leather.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Wouldn't these interfere with the ventilation for those with ventilated front seats?
Yes it would interfere, but I 'm prepared to sacrifice that to protect the seat. I'd have preferred darker maroon or brown (coffee brownish ones) seats if they were available given my car's magic blue exterior. I did not want black seats when the car's exterior is already dark and so is the roof lining (dark). A contrasting darker brown/ maroon would have suited me well, but Volvo didn't have these. The best available then were the tan coloured ones. They look nice but one has to be mindful of caring for them too. It's like those precious white pants or very crispy white lovely shirt you wear and take extra care not to be eating stews wearing it. Even beautiful partners tend to be more fragile than ordinary ones and need extra TLC to remain in good nick :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes. I have them on my S60. Check your PM's in about 5 minutes.
Share with us too, please. Would like to see what they look like. Keen on finding a solution to the baby blanket I have on my seats presently

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Yes it would interfere, but I 'm prepared to sacrifice that to protect the seat. I'd have preferred darker maroon or brown (coffee brownish ones) seats if they were available given my car's magic blue exterior. I did not want black seats when the car's exterior is already dark and so is the roof lining (dark). A contrasting darker brown/ maroon would have suited me well, but Volvo didn't have these. The best available then were the tan coloured ones. They look nice but one has to be mindful of caring for them too. It's like those precious white pants or very crispy white lovely shirt you wear and take extra care not to be eating stews wearing it. Even beautiful partners tend to be more fragile than ordinary ones and need extra TLC to remain in good nick :)
FYI: The seat Covers are Porous. They are not a Solid Seat Cover. So your seats will be able to "ventilate" just fine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
It's official that these leather seats are POS.

Was just doing my weekend clean up of the car and doing the OCD wipe down only to discover the exact same issue on the headrest in the middle seat where my 5 year old sit twice a day 5 days a week for a 2 miles trip to/from school.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It's official that these leather seats are POS.

Was just doing my weekend clean up of the car and doing the OCD wipe down only to discover the exact same issue on the headrest in the middle seat where my 5 year old sit twice a day 5 days a week for a 2 miles trip to/from school.
I’ve driven 2000 miles per month since I picked up my T5 and my seats are perfect so I’m not sure if anything is “official” one way or another. What has been Volvo’s response to your complaint? It’s my experience that anecdotally all cars can have problems and the difference is how the company handles the issue. You seem very frustrated, has Volvo blown you off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I’ve driven 2000 miles per month since I picked up my T5 and my seats are perfect so I’m not sure if anything is “official” one way or another. What has been Volvo’s response to your complaint? It’s my experience that anecdotally all cars can have problems and the difference is how the company handles the issue. You seem very frustrated, has Volvo blown you off?

Can I see what your seats look like if you don't mind? Especially if they're charcoal. I want to see how they wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Not fustrated but disappointed because how can such a nice looking car with such price tag have such low quality control. It's not about how they'll handle it, that's the least of my concern.

Also there's a level of expectation when you buy something advertised as a luxury brand that I'm not getting the feeling of here.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Can I see what your seats look like if you don't mind? Especially if they're charcoal. I want to see how they wear

They are Blonde and they look pretty much exactly like they looked when I picked up the car. i wipe them down with a little leather cleaner, takes about 3 minutes, after every business trip. Other than that I'm not doing anything special, they're just doing fine. BTW, I weight 190lbs so I'm not lightweight either. :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Not fustrated but disappointed because how can such a nice looking car with such price tag have such low quality control. It's not about how they'll handle it, that's the least of my concern.

Also there's a level of expectation when you buy something advertised as a luxury brand that I'm not getting the feeling of here.
If you go to the BMW boards, or Subaru boards, you will find the same anecdotal issues. So while I dont blame you for being disappointed, I sure would be also if i was experiencing what you are, the reality is that woning anything causes grief and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. I'm not trying to lecture anyone here, I'm just thinking that you're letting your frustration ruin your experience of what is otherwise a fine vehicle. JMO

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
They are Blonde and they look pretty much exactly like they looked when I picked up the car. i wipe them down with a little leather cleaner, takes about 3 minutes, after every business trip. Other than that I'm not doing anything special, they're just doing fine. BTW, I weight 190lbs so I'm not lightweight either. :)
I would imagine the blonde wears well. I'm EXTREMELY OCD about my seats, lifting my big a** every time I get in so I don't damage the bolsters or the trim below the door. My 2016 was ruined from all the times the technicians drove it, scraping and wrinkling the bolsters( I don't blame them tbh). It's different when you own the car and I understand why they do that. The 2018 I have now only has 600 miles or so on it, but I treat getting into the car like it's made of diamonds. I vacuum it every week, for the small amounts of dust and dirt that get in. Same thing with the outside, and my other cars .

·
Registered
6,893 Posts

1. Please post Updated Pictures.
2. What Has Been the Dealership Response? Will they Replace The Faulty Seats or are you getting a "Piss Off" response?

Volvo's response matters as to the advice we can give you at the moment. So please answer these question.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would imagine the blonde wears well. I'm EXTREMELY OCD about my seats, lifting my big a** every time I get in so I don't damage the bolsters or the trim below the door. My 2016 was ruined from all the times the technicians drove it, scraping and wrinkling the bolsters( I don't blame them tbh). It's different when you own the car and I understand why they do that. The 2018 I have now only has 600 miles or so on it, but I treat getting into the car like it's made of diamonds. I vacuum it every week, for the small amounts of dust and dirt that get in. Same thing with the outside, and my other cars .

My neighbors think I’m a bit obsessive , but none of them have a brand new XC90!!!! This is my first black car ever and it is indeed a bit of a challenge keeping it looking good, everything shows on it. I use this spray on dry wash type stuff and it keeps it looking good. It’s freaking beautiful! I only wish either of my kids respected their cars half as much as I respect mine......but they won’t need to as they’ll still be young when private car ownership is over.....

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
My neighbors think I’m a bit obsessive , but none of them have a brand new XC90!!!! This is my first black car ever and it is indeed a bit of a challenge keeping it looking good, everything shows on it. I use this spray on dry wash type stuff and it keeps it looking good. It’s freaking beautiful! I only wish either of my kids respected their cars half as much as I respect mine......but they won’t need to as they’ll still be young when private car ownership is over.....

I doubt Uber is going to make Car's Obsolete. America has CRAP Transportation systems. Amtrak is cost prohibitive and the only passenger train in America. A ticket can run almost as much as a plane ticket. Bus System is very limited to metro areas of major cities... And only the East Coast (Washington Dc, Maryland, Virginia, Mass, New York, Chicago, etc) have Subway Systems. The other 95% of America has Nada.

So as a nation American's are reliant upon driving. Europe has Trains from A to B. Flying from Country to Country is very cheap. I flew from Stockholm Sweden to Rome Italy for all of $120 one way with tickets bought a day or two before. I believe Rome to Paris was around $75.00.

As Europe Pays Astronomical sums for fuel, public transport has great popularity. I just spoke to a friend today in the UK who has a family and kids. He drives but you know their "Petrol" / Fuel Prices? Approximately $5.60 a Gallon. A steal. Considering when I was there a few years ago and the Pound was around 1.60 per USD, gas prices were around $8.00 a gallon.

Imagine being in America and Paying $5.50. The closest I've ever come to that price was $4.50 in Yosemite National Forest where you had NO other Options while driving from there towards Vegas. That was during the HIGH GAS prices where America was paying $3.00 / gallon.

Imagine if $5.50 was "Cheap", you'd have an uproar...or highs up to $8.00?

So long as America has no alternatives, driving will forever remain our mode of transport. Even your Childrens'.... Whom I presume are Millennial by their inability to pamper their ride.

Care to Share their ages to confirm my suspicions!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Most of America is gonna remain dominant of car drivers but I see a trend here in SF Bay where Uber and Lyft is people's primary way of transportation. The math works out if you're crunching number, car ownership is expensive. Unless you drive a $3k vehicle

41 - 60 of 214 Posts