SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
No Okra with R, maybe other volvo's. Atacama is cool color and dem seats look very well maintained even if repainted. Go for it

·
Registered
16,398 Posts
None. Only came with three colors:
Atacama>clean gobi>nordkap. Otherwise, norkap is better than gobi, depending on the paint color.
Can anyone explain to me the difference between an Okra Interior and Atacama?

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
None. Only came with three colors:
Atacama>clean gobi>nordkap. Otherwise, norkap is better than gobi, depending on the paint color.
This is wrong. Sparkly blue (nordkap) > gobi...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When I lookup the vin on the car, the carfax says that it was a okra interior, then I was thinking to myself maybe someone changed the interior, or its just wrong. But it would make some sense why the interior is in such good shape if they changed it out, but then I thought it would be alot of effort and probably not worth it so it must be original? Is there a way to check the options a car has with the vin number? Maybe call the originial dealership it was sold at and get the window sticker.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh also I bought the car, so I guess im part of the group now.....
Congrats, start a show room thread with pics of that interior, looked incredible for the mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I may do a whole walkaround video on it once i clean it up nice. This one has some rare features like a rear entertainment screen, maybe ill hookup an n64 or something haha. I dont know if it has a 3rd row or a subwoofer yet but im crossing my fingers for either. I am going to try uber hard to keep this interior glowing! ALSO I found out last night that i dont hear mentioned much.... So the 2006 VR has a 6 speed auto and is not torque limited in first and second gear, unlike the 04-05. ALSO the haldex unit has been upgraded changed or software update so that there is a constant 59ftlbs applied to the rear and up to 50% torque can go to rear wheels. Did everyone know this and I just didnt read enough, cause i didnt realise there was such a difference in years besides the black time vs body color trim. This car also has the parking sensors which is neat I hope they work. I will keep everyone posted.

·
3,871 Posts
Leatherique the interior with rejuvenator oil and then do, PCV and timing. From there on you have your basic interior and exterior problematic wear issues addressed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good deal, I think you'll be fine. My Garbage R has 236k miles and runs great, i'd say it's more mechanically sorted than the average R. It's too bad it looked and smelled like homeless people when I bought it, otherwise I may have saved it instead of turning it into a race car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I may do a whole walkaround video on it once i clean it up nice. This one has some rare features like a rear entertainment screen, maybe ill hookup an n64 or something haha. I dont know if it has a 3rd row or a subwoofer yet but im crossing my fingers for either. I am going to try uber hard to keep this interior glowing! ALSO I found out last night that i dont hear mentioned much.... So the 2006 VR has a 6 speed auto and is not torque limited in first and second gear, unlike the 04-05. ALSO the haldex unit has been upgraded changed or software update so that there is a constant 59ftlbs applied to the rear and up to 50% torque can go to rear wheels. Did everyone know this and I just didnt read enough, cause i didnt realise there was such a difference in years besides the black time vs body color trim. This car also has the parking sensors which is neat I hope they work. I will keep everyone posted.
ALL autos in v70/s60r ARE torque-limited including 06-07. Trust me.
If you need further confirmation, go to Hilton Tuning's website and read the information attached to their "torque limiter removal" option on tunes.
I have an 06 v70r as well and it is very obviously torque-limited.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!
For what it's worth, we have 220k+ miles on ours and it has let us down ONCE in 16 years of ownership. That was recently when then clutch slave gave in. That said - we spent $2k to put in a new clutch and plan to keep it another 15 years. As long as you can do all the small stuff yourself, you'll be golden.
The Volvo leathers holds up very well if you a) live in a tempered climate (or always park in the shade/garage) and b) use Lexol (or your favorite leather conditioner) 2-3 times/year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ALL autos in v70/s60r ARE torque-limited including 06-07. Trust me.
If you need further confirmation, go to Hilton Tuning's website and read the information attached to their "torque limiter removal" option on tunes.
I have an 06 v70r as well and it is very obviously torque-limited.
Interesting..... is there a way to see the torque being limited? I just bought the Vida software and usb obd2 doo hickey so that i can see how everything is doing. Would that system show me the engine torque in real time? I am not sure i want to remove the limiter, i figure its worked for this long saving the trans i should leave it.

first thing I am doing is taking the car around a little and then a really good detail and bathe those seats in some conditioner. I am inticipating lots and lots of bushings being done, but it has been at the volvo dealer twice this year so maybe ill get lucky and everything is reasonible. I am pretty stoked.

My plans for mods are:

stage 0 tune
headlight projector setup
some sort of bluetooth setup, for now its a cig lighter fm transmitter
subwoofer, but crossing my fingers the factory one is in there
maybe someday catback exhaust
trailer hitch with wiring harness

if anyone has and quality of life mods that i should know of that would be great. While more performance is nice i think its plenty, maybe if i had money burning in my pocket id do a new intercooler so that pre ignition is less of a risk not so much for performance increase. I plan on making a nice 3d printed phone holder for that little cubby next to the radio with a wireless charger.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you go to vehicle communication, ecm you can see parameters including engine tq demand and actual iirc. But if you hook up a boost gauge you'll probably just see that full boost is limited in lower rpms in 1st and 2nd.

Maybe I missed it, but double check pcv is good. In fact, if it hasn't been recently serviced I'd just plan on replacing everything for peace of mind. That causes so many issues with these cars.

·
Registered
582 Posts
stage 0 tune
headlight projector setup
some sort of bluetooth setup, for now its a cig lighter fm transmitter
subwoofer, but crossing my fingers the factory one is in there
trailer hitch with wiring harness
Look at the Grom blue tooth box - works very well.
Trailer hitch and wiring harness - we have that and it's worth buying the Volvo wires since they then just click right in.
Subwoofer - we use the JBL spare tire one - works very well, and works with a full size spare. Not sure the OEM one does (but don't remember 100% any more).
Headlight projector kit - have the kit - just need to install it....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Bluetooth

Depending on how frugal you want to be, the radio you have, and your comfort with electronic tinkering, you can pull the radio out and apart and solder some leads onto the stereo out pads of the cassette player. You then just have to buy one of those dummy aux cord cassettes and pull the wires/magnetic head out of it to fool the unit into thinking there's a tape in. Only thing you may want to do is wire in an inductor to pull any hum out if you plan on simultaneous charging and playing or using a powered bluetooth receiver.

Just did it in my '03 XC70 and it works awesome. There's also plenty of space behind the head unit in the dash where you can hide stuff, I bought a cheap bluetooth receiver and buried it back there pretty easily. Now just looking into rocker switches to cannibalize the receiver's controls and make it truly built-in.

<--- YouTube video I followed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
sadly the 06 doesnt have a cassette deck. But it is interesting i wonder if i could do that with the cd changer.

·
Registered
849 Posts
My plans for mods are:

I would say do a downpipe with a high-flow cat and leave the rest factory. Unless you're into sound over performance.

And WTH is that thing behind the sunroof?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I would say do a downpipe with a high-flow cat and leave the rest factory. Unless you're into sound over performance.

And WTH is that thing behind the sunroof?
It is a either factory or dealer installed rear seat entertainment system, dvd player and I think you can plug in a external video thing, like a gamecube or something. I havent seen many of them looking around. I havent gotten the car yet, but I am really crossing my fingers for a factory installed subwoofer over the 3rd row of seats.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts