SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm approaching the end of my bumper to bumper... about 9 months to go.

It's been a good reliable car so far with no real issues. My question is do I keep it bone stock in anticipation of trading it in for a V60 RD or keep it and mod it? Nothing crazy.. thinking Polestar or Heico tune, wheels, tires, springs/ struts etc.

The car will be paid off in 6 months so not having a car payment for a while would be really nice, but I still want to have fun.

·
Registered
515 Posts

It's been a good reliable car so far with no real issues. My question is do I keep it bone stock in anticipation of trading it in for a V60 RD or keep it and mod it? Nothing crazy.. thinking Polestar or Heico tune, wheels, tires, springs/ struts etc.

The car will be paid off in 6 months so not having a car payment for a while would be really nice, but I still want to have fun.
Trade it in for the V60!

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts
If you prefer the cosmetic changes (essentially what's really changed) and need the additional space from the V60, then trade up. Otherwise, you are not gaining much more than you have performance wise. You are starting with the same 300hp T6. The '15+ offers better transmission programming.

You could consider IPD's turbo upgrade kit and surprise Polestar owners ;)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you prefer the cosmetic changes (essentially what's really changed) and need the additional space from the V60, then trade up. Otherwise, you are not gaining much more than you have performance wise. You are starting with the same 300hp T6. The '15+ offers better transmission programming.

You could consider IPD's turbo upgrade kit and surprise Polestar owners ;)
I didn't notice any upgrade kits on their site...

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Is it a good base for mods? Maybe. Polestar got 508hp out of that block. But they also spent ridiculous amounts of money to get there.

It really depends what you want. A new car will be more expensive, and modding is less about how far you can take it and more about how much you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts

There is full exhaust available, also a larger intercoolers to combat high iats. Kw v3 for suspension, which mind you are awesome!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice.... I'm sure I'm not the only one with the idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts