SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd give you guys some IRL photos of the new S90. I'll try to catch one in Gothenburg after Christmas and take some pics of my own. Enjoy!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
cool!

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Looks appealing, however still think the rear is a bit garish.
Yeah, those taillights are just not harmonizing with the rest of the design, IMO.

I love the real life shots, though. Really shows the true nature of the car...which is pretty damn good!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Not saying I completely dislike the tail lights, but Volvo, I hear Ford wants its 1988 Scorpio tails backs. :eek:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The side profile should have been more sculptured, more 3D depth to it IMHO, the rear end is to flat; hopefully the next s60 is less of a work-in-progress. I'm afraid that rear end will cause it to lose some sales.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I read about the S90 in a car magazine (ViBilägare. Teknikens värld var ****såld). They were talking about the distance between the front of the door to the beginning of the wheel arch. Apparently the further the distance the more luxurious the car supposedly is. I think it does add some pondus and presence to the car but I can't help but think it looks like a b!tch to park. Does only have a 4-cyl engine but I'm guessing the insanely huge wheels would make up for that.

I have to admit though, that front looks a lot better on the S90 than on the XC90. Not that the XC90 looks bad but it just feels like a so much better fit. The first picture of the white car parked on the street really does look good. A bit jaguar-like.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The side profile should have been more sculptured, more 3D depth to it IMHO, the rear end is to flat; hopefully the next s60 is less of a work-in-progress. I'm afraid that rear end will cause it to lose some sales.
+1

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I read about the S90 in a car magazine (ViBilägare. Teknikens värld var ****såld). They were talking about the distance between the front of the door to the beginning of the wheel arch. Apparently the further the distance the more luxurious the car supposedly is. I think it does add some pondus and presence to the car but I can't help but think it looks like a b!tch to park. Does only have a 4-cyl engine but I'm guessing the insanely huge wheels would make up for that.

I have to admit though, that front looks a lot better on the S90 than on the XC90. Not that the XC90 looks bad but it just feels like a so much better fit. The first picture of the white car parked on the street really does look good. A bit jaguar-like.
Correct distance to wheel arch or not, there is nothing luxurious about a growling 4 cylinder. ;)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Yeah, it's a horrible design all over...forget the press exclamations even before its official unveiling...they are just clueless.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
If it was the prettiest luxury car in the world, it would have a much higher price markup and become unaffordable to most. :)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts