SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the built in ipod adaptor (2010 XC60) only allows random play of the entire ipod. As soon as I select a playlist it switches out of random mode again? Is this correct or am I doing something wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: ipod question (simonmason)

Sorry I don't have the car yet, so I can't give you an answer from personal knowledge. I looked at the owner' manual PDF, available online, and it says:<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOTE: When an iPod® is used as a sound source,<br>the vehicle's audio system has a menu<br>structure similar to the one in the iPod®. See<br>the iPod's manual for detailed information.<p>For further information, refer to the accessory<br>manual USB/iPod Music Interface.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Unfortunately, I haven't found an online download for the referenced accessory manual. I would assume that you received this with your glovebox literature.<p>Here is a video of the iPod interface in an XC60 - perhaps this will answer your question:<br> <A HREF="http://carandipod.com/ipod-integration-in-volvo-xc60/" TARGET="_blank">http://carandipod.com/ipod-int...xc60/</A>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed the same reference in the owners manual. I don't have the accessory manual, it wasn't in the glovebox!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update. I just figured out that the Volvo is turning off the shuffle option on the iPod. When I set the iPod to shuffle songs, connect it, disconnect it, the shuffle is turned off. I am beginning to think that this behavior is by design. Is this unique to the XC60 implementation or is this how it works on other models?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update. I just figured out that the Volvo is turning off the shuffle option on the iPod. When I set the iPod to shuffle songs, connect it, disconnect it, the shuffle is turned off. I am beginning to think that this behavior is by design. Is this unique to the XC60 implementation or is this how it works on other models?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts