SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, we have a 2013 s60 and when i connect my ipod touch through bluetooth all i can see on the sensus screen is the word "streaming".

is there a way to have the title, artist etc. show on the screen, just like it does on the ipod screen?

thanks

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I get the same thing, MY2012 S60 T5 with my Samsung phone. I have to go to the phone to play music.

If I connect the phone via USB, I have full controls and folder information on the screen.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
A2DP (the bluetooth profile used for streaming the audio) doesn't include this. An additional profile, AVRCP, is required, specifically version 1.3 or above if you want metadata (such as the artist and song title). You need to go even further, to 1.4, if you want to be able to browse or search your music library. Unfortunately, I believe both iOS and Sensus only support AVRCP 1.0.

Edit: I was wrong about Sensus (1.3) and iOS 5 (1.3).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sensus DOES support this but the device itself has to have the correct profile. For example, when I connect to my '12 S60 with my phone via BT (HTC Thunderbolt) all that appears on the cars screen is "Streaming". When my wife connects her iPhone 4, however, it displays the name of the song and all the other information as well. My phone does not have the profile but hers does. The iPod might not have the profile...Apple might not have thought it was important on them or it might be too old of an iPod and it doesn't have the correct BT profile. This profile cannot be added since it actually has to do with hardware and not software (trust me I've tried).

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I use my Nokia Lumia 900 to stream over Bluetooth and it displays all the information on the screen.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I test drove a 2013 s60 today and song & artist info from my iPhone appeared on the car's screen, nice as you please.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My Verizon Iphone 4 shows artist and title info via BT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an iPhone 4GS and all the music information is displayed on my Sensus. I can also scroll through my music library, too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On my V60 I streames music through my iphone and it showed the artist, album and song name. perhaps you need the new Sensus version?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I apologize, I was looking at an older Apple support doc. iOS 5 does support 1.3 and, according to the Volvo manual for the 2012 S60, so does Sensus. I'm thinking it's not working with Spotify, but I downloaded a song to my phone and it is actually working with the Music app.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Make sure the volume is turned up ALL] the way with the slide switch at the bottom of the screen !!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I apologize, I was looking at an older Apple support doc. iOS 5 does support 1.3 and, according to the Volvo manual for the 2012 S60, so does Sensus. I'm thinking it's not working with Spotify, but I downloaded a song to my phone and it is actually working with the Music app.
Spotify works for me with names and info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This happened to me when I was setting up my 2012 s60 for the first time. I solved it by making the car forget the iphone and then reconnecting via bluetooth. Then some info came up fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts