SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have generally used the usb inputs to play Spotify and podcasts off my iPhone. And it has worked well, and has (to me) a little better sound quality than the bluetooth connection, as well as more consistent downloading of album art to the center console screen.

However, after the last iPhone update (to v. 12.2) I can't get the sound to play over the car speakers. It hooks up, shows the track playing, but the sound comes out of the iPhone itself.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
This problem comes up a lot after software updates. I got tired of it that I decided to just subscribe to the built-in music streaming service Spotify, and using my iPhones simply as a bluetooth internet connection for the car. The audio quality and album art works great with the Volvo Spotify App.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have generally used the usb inputs to play Spotify and podcasts off my iPhone. And it has worked well, and has (to me) a little better sound quality than the bluetooth connection, as well as more consistent downloading of album art to the center console screen.

However, after the last iPhone update (to v. 12.2) I can't get the sound to play over the car speakers. It hooks up, shows the track playing, but the sound comes out of the iPhone itself.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
I’ve had a few issues and what always seems to be the culprit is the aftermarket lightning cord. Are you using that or Apple cord? I hate the white cord, but it seems to be most reliable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts