SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arlight, I bought the HK Play+Drive, and I installed, and its working through the FM transmitter, it does not sound that great at all. So I bought the FM wired transmitter for it, and did the Grochef mod, and it still sounds pretty crappy. So I thought it might be the wires that I made, so I ordered some from Grochef. In the meantime:<br>1. I've read that some people have been able to connect directly to the AFM/IAM unit - Where did you connect it, I know my car does not have the AFM, but where is the IAM??? I went to a Car audio dealer and he does have the cables that were mentioned in a few threads. But I do not know where to connect them to.<br>2. Is the HK modulator good at all, or should I spend a little more money and get a better modulator, if so which one?<p>Thanks<br>

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Ipod Help (Wish2k)

In about 98% of the US, 87.9 FM is the best channel to broadcast on for a personal transmitter. I've had very good luck with this one, which only supports that channel:<p><A HREF="http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/roadtrip" TARGET="_blank">http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/roadtrip</A>/<p>That said, the best FM transmitter is still going to be, at best, only as good as an FM station with a moderately strong signal. In other words, its never going to sound like a CD. The FM modulator (wired to antenna) solution is better than a transmitter, but still not CD quality.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My H&K is wired up through the aerial mod, and my sound is pretty good, not CD but can't expect that. Could be your wiring I suppose, I spent quite some time with careful soldering.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: (Richard_S40)

You're not going to get CD quality on an IPOD anyway...I've been in a car with a CD changer that worked by FM and the quality was not a problem to me. Of course, I listen to radio a lot so I don't really care.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So far I'm I brought a Headphone extension wire from radio shack and took that wire and threaded it to the back. And Then from there I connected it to the HK FM Wired Transmitter. From there I homemade some 9V taps for the antenna, but they don't seem to make a real difference in sound quality. I have ordered some cables from Grochef, and I will keep this updated once I recieve those. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: (Majisto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Majisto</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're not going to get CD quality on an IPOD anyway... </TD></TR></TABLE><p>You will get damn close if you rip your CD's in WAV, AIFF or Apple Lossless.......

·
Registered
547 Posts

I have tried many wireless FM transmitter and I can tell you without a doubt the iriver is superior to everything else that I have used...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts