SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Griffin Road Trip? How well does it work with the XC90's FM reception?<br>There was an older post saying the first generation Griffin didn't work to well, wondered if this unit was any better.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: iPod FM transmitter (joe19812)

I guess I would have to ask what has changed in rgard to the FM transmission technology? I am not aware of anything in the way of FM transmission technology that would improve the quality of the signal sent to the radio. In my experience (admittedly not with Griffen Road Trip) with FM transmission of iPod/Satellite (XM) radio, it leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: iPod FM transmitter (avolvofan)

sorry, what I meant to convey was given that FM transmitter is the only option have any of these companies come out with a better product yet?<br>I had a gift card to Sharper Image and since they offer the Road Trip I went ahead and got one. It seems to work ok. I have a Sirius Starmate I use with FM transmitter and this new Road Trip actually sounds a little better. The FM signal is strong enough on the Road Trip that I can use the DPLII setting unlike the Starmate or even regular FM radio where DPLII sounds terrible. The unit is a little bulky though compared to the pictures I've seen of the DLO Transpod.<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts