SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found there is a cord inside the center console to hook up an Ipod to, to play music I assume? I cant find out how to get it to play and I cant find a thing online about this.. Was this an aftermarket thing the previous owner did or is this a stock thing? Id really like to be able to play my Ipod so I dont have to keep making CDs. If you know how this work please let me know. Sorry, cant find any info on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Look for a small unit under the passenger seat. This is a common install location for the USA SPEC PA-11. To play the iPod, switch the input on the head unit to the 6 Disc changer.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If you hit source, you should have 6 disc changer (your actual CD player) and 10 disc changer as options. The ten discs are your iPod's playlists. Hold in 6 to get to playlists 7-10. Playlist #10 is all the songs in alphabetical order (press random here for a shuffle all songs option).

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Very likely you have the oem volvo adapter. My car came with one but I took it out once I got a double din.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have one of these too. Do you need to actually have an ipod plugged in before the 10 disc changer option will appear? I can't get that to come up as a source without anything plugged in, and I don't actually own an ipod. Just curious as to whether mine actually works, but I guess I'll need to get a friend to plug theirs in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts