SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought the s40 t5, 2006, and were wondering what is the possibility of after-market hardwiring an ipod?<p>Volvo Canada says there is no option to do it through them because the technology of the radio is such that it would prove impossible.<p>I know of other brands/companies that hard-wire the ipod into the car, but Future Shop (a local elec retailer) advises we need an AUX input/output.<p>1. Does the s40 have one of these?<p>The FM transmitter we use is CRAP. CRAP. CRAPPPPP.<p>Has anyone here come across any hard wiring solutions to make the ipod usable in the car?<p>And, pardon me if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: Ipod Connection (kubatron)

Hello, welcome to swedespeed.<p>as you are new... have you used the search feature?<br>Ipod talk with the s40 is one of the most talked topics here.<p>At the moment, unless you have the 2007 model s40 there is no way of directly plugging in an ipod.<br>The only way is to use the fm mod...<p>Other than that, be patient although I highly doubt MOST will fix this up as 2007 apparently has a direct plug in<p>Another way is to use a way someone here has experimented.<br>he has put in a screen, carpc, and moved the stock screen that contains the info for temperature and so on, on hte roof console<br>expensive and time consuming but if you really wanted to then this is one way.<p>hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Ipod Connection (Akash)

only current way to date is transmitter (even through Volvo) or modulator wired into the aeriel on the rear window. <p><br>I am sure most people on here agree this is THE main fault on this model<br>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Kubatron,<br>I am using the Griffin Auto iTrip at present and it is probably one of the better FM transmitters I have tried.<p>Have a look here for some suggestions:-<br><A HREF="http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/sort_grades/C204/204" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ilounge.com/index.p...4/204</A><p>Other than going to the extremes of pulling out wiring to hardwire in a Modulator which some have done, you're stuck until Volvo get their fingers out and work something out!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Ipod Connection (kubatron)

There is no hardwire solution and no aux-in solution for your 2006 S40. And there never will be.<br>Apart from that, enjoy your car and welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts