SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had difficulty pairing the iPhone with the XC60? I finally broke down and bought an iPhone but it will not pair up with the XC60. I keep getting "not finding any Bluetooth Devices" when I try to pair it up (and the Bluetooth is active)...any ideas? Would like to solve as I am taking XC60 for first really long drive this week down to DC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife has an iPhone (I have a clearly superior Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but that is for a different forum to debate)... we didn't have any problems.

Just make sure your phone is also in discoverable mode while the XC60 is looking for it, not just "bluetooth on" (go to settings, general, bluetooth). You will have to enter a code on your iPhone that the XC60 will display. Then you should be all set.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The setting says that it is "Now Discoverable" so I think it is ok, but darn XC60 just will not pick it up...argh! And no debate from me, while I love my MacBook Pro, I am not yet 'wowed' by my iPhone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an android phone and when I first tried to pair it with the Volvo (after making it discoverable, etc.) I didn't notice a notification on the phone that asked me if I wanted to allow access to the phone book. Are you missing a notification on the phone asking for confirmation?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Also make sure it's not plugged into the USB port at the same time. Some weird conflict happened to mine when I did this.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Has anyone had difficulty pairing the iPhone with the XC60? I finally broke down and bought an iPhone but it will not pair up with the XC60. I keep getting "not finding any Bluetooth Devices" when I try to pair it up (and the Bluetooth is active)...any ideas? Would like to solve as I am taking XC60 for first really long drive this week down to DC.
I find the iPhones the easiest to pair with Sensus. No issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My iPhone 4 connected on the first try. My wife's iPhone 3 will not connect no matter what I try. She is due for an upgrade, so we are ordering a new phone. The Volvo web site starts recommendations with the 3S so it probably doesn't support the old phones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 and a 2010 S40 R Design. The connectivity was fine with the iPhone 6s. I’ve had the Bluetooth in the car upgraded and the iPhone 12 will not pair. It’s so random - sometimes let’s me make or receive one phonecall. Then next call says it’s dialling but it’s not. Then the radio shuts down making a piercing loud ping then reboots. If I turn the ignition off sometimes it connects again once . Then the whole saga starts again it is soooo frustrating and noone knows how to fix the problem. Is it an electrical fault with the steering wheel phone connection? If I turn the green phone light off on the console I can’t turn it back on until I turn the ignition off. Any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 and a 2010 S40 R Design. The connectivity was fine with the iPhone 6s. I’ve had the Bluetooth in the car upgraded and the iPhone 12 will not pair. It’s so random - sometimes let’s me make or receive one phonecall. Then next call says it’s dialling but it’s not. Then the radio shuts down making a piercing loud ping then reboots. If I turn the ignition off sometimes it connects again once . Then the whole saga starts again it is soooo frustrating and noone knows how to fix the problem. Is it an electrical fault with the steering wheel phone connection? If I turn the green phone light off on the console I can’t turn it back on until I turn the ignition off. Any suggestions?? Thanks
Lets not let’s hate typos!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lets not let’s hate typos!!
I'm having the exact same issues with my 2010 XC60 and my iPhone 12 pro. Incredibly frustrating to only sometimes have the ability to make/receive one phone call... Apple has been all but useless in the process too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally someone believes me 😂, if anyone can just suggest who can fix the problem!! Auto electrician? My Volvo mechanic has no idea. Apple said upgrade Bluetooth which I did $150 Volvo charged me - still doesn’t work. Could it be the electronics in the steering wheel??
So pretty much buy a new iPhone buy a new car ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts