SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have an iPhone 6 Plus? If yes, where do you put it besides having it in your pocket? I test drove on Friday and the only place I was able to put it with easy access was the cup holder location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got a 6s Plus as well. I'd consider getting a window mount for the times one need it. Otherwise, the place you show seems reasonable.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I forgot to ask, can you have in plugged in and still have it sit there?
Yes you can, but you need to leave a little space on the bottom of the phone.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Once CarPlay is added to Sensus, hiding it in the rear section of the armrest with the USB port seems like a good idea. No need to see it then.

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I have an iPhone 6 Plus, see this post I made: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ng-Solutions&p=2782785&viewfull=1#post2782785

Ask and ye' shall receive, lol.

Mine is not anything great, but it puts the phone where I want it for watching live tv/news broadcasts while waiting for my wife/son and in the car. (I have unlimited data on my phones plan)

You can see once plugged into the USB port in the center console you just have to tuck the wire under the lip and run it around, under the steering column, and then up the door jam into the corner of the A pillar. The mount is easily removable and can be taken into other vehicles if need be. I took it with me to two trips to Orlando. Also, the square of steel is supposed to mount to the phone that allows it to 'stick' to the magnet in the holder on the windshield... I just taped it to the inside of my phones case and then put the phone in the case. That was it isn't actually stuck to the phone itself.

Mount flipped up to magnetically hold phone:

Here's the mount flipped down, which I never do, but if some people like it a bit more 'out of the way' when not in use...

Here's what it looks like with my iPhone 6 Plus mounted on it (yes, it is a pretty big phone so keep that in mind)

Only part of the cable that is seen as it comes out of the center console, the rest is tucked under all the way to the next pic

And here you can see just a little bit of the wire as it is tucked in the door jam as it runs up to the dash (sorry for not rotating the picture):

1 - 13 of 13 Posts