SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, every sale I look at has been a waste of time.

A large selection of t-shirts marked reduced. Anything worthwhile is still cheaper elsewhere...

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Well this thread will probably get deleted but before it does

I
Paid
Double
hey that's better than the one I came up with..

I
Paid
Dearly

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
FCP usually has most parts cheaper, but then again it depends sometimes IPD is cheaper or ebay or some other parts store is cheaper.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Who do you guys prefer to buy parts from instead of iPD?
OEM parts? Tasca all day. Performance parts? IPD usually has the same prices as everyone else (sway bars, shocks, springs, etc)

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Come on, they are nice guys. Sure you pay more, but I've never been displeased with any of their products or service. How about

Improving
Peoples'
Drift
*Swaybars

Or

Incase
Problems
Develop
*Fast and reliable customer service

:)

And for those who think less of iPd

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
OEM parts? Tasca all day. Performance parts? IPD usually has the same prices as everyone else (sway bars, shocks, springs, etc)
depends on what we are talking about with performance parts. If we mean, parts that are beefier than stock parts you can go to places like RockAuto and get Moog suspension upgrades.

I got an iPd skid plate over the holidays cause they knocked the price down to non-sell-your-firstborn levels. I also got their upper engine bar bushings back in the day. They are fine, I just can't miss an opportunity to play with acronyms.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I deal with parts distributors/people all day, everyday at work and am willing to pay a little more for proper knowledge and excellent customer service. After dealing with them i'll go with...

I'm
Pleased,
Definitely

·
Registered
154 Posts
Swedespeeders,
Thank you for your feedback that you have provided on the forum we sponsor. :) Regardless of how you may feel about ipd, our pricing, or the content of our current sale event we sincerely do appreciate your feedback. We value all members of the Volvo community, and we appreciate your input- good, bad, or ugly.

Over time we accumulate parts and goods that have neared the end of their product lifespan and may not be moving quickly enough to warrant bringing in new stock. In order to keep our overhead lower and to recoup the cost of these items it's important to occasionally market these items and attempt to move out this stock. For several years our website has had a feature which allows users to sort product listings by a number of different filters. One such filter/sort option is to view closeout products first. We decided to promote this feature and some of these overlooked closeout items by way of the mailer many of you received today. If the items on closeout are not of interest to you, we totally understand.

Please keep in mind that our ability to clear this stock from our inventory not only frees up physical warehouse space for other (new) items, but also provides us with financial flexibility to pursue other items and to lower prices on our stocked inventory in order to stay competitive in an increasingly competitive E-commerce environment. IPD is a brick and mortar company, with 25 wonderful employees, that has been serving the Volvo community for over 50 years. We attempt to provide top-notch customers service, and also provide utility to the Volvo community in many other ways, such as sponsoring the wonderful "R" forum you are viewing now.

We are working on providing more competitive pricing, and we realize that cost is a major component when consumers are choosing where to buy. IPD isn't always the least expensive, however we're competitive where we can be and continue to provide exclusive products that cannot be found through other vendors. The Volvo market represents an incredibly small segment of the US passenger vehicle market, and by virtue of this fact we're dealing with an inherent disadvantage in terms of manufacturing costs of specialty items that are going to be sold in relatively small numbers. We try our best to keep our costs down while also being able to stay solvent.

Thank you for again for your feedback- we do listen and take into consideration your thoughts and feelins, and most of all thank you all for being part of the Volvo community. Volvo for life!

Thank you!
-Brandon

·
Registered
453 Posts
+1 Brandon. I'll probably get labeled as an a$$ kisser now, but Volvo performance/enthusiast market = niche/very small (in the overall market) so for you guys to blast iPD for these things is a little bit harsh. Like I said I'm MORE than willing to pay a bit more for customer service/knowledge, especially on RARE autos like ours. not OE replacement crap either, talking about performance/A/M upgrades. Also not a knock on viva or Eurosport, or anyone else. My Indy has done NOTHING but Volvo since '81 and ipd is just the same. To sum this rant up, I trust the folks that know their stuff and have the service to match. BOOM. That being said Cheers!:beer:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I am Good with IPD. I have had a Problem or two over the years with orders with IPD but they have always taken care of it without issue or complaint. I don't always buy from them but I trust them for the things I do buy. It is not all about the lowest cost. Just keeping it real and thank you IPD.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm definitely not beholden to IPD, as I scoop up parts from quite a few vendors but, now and then they do have good stuff at decent prices. Most recently, I bought their DEM cover in one of their flash sales and the radio/ACC unit knobs in another sale. Then I bought their stage II tune last Black Friday sale. I would think that they offer a little bit of something for everybody and their customer service is on point. Plus, they sponsor the forum which is a resource that we all use. Prices could be better in some cases but if it's a matter of a few bucks I don't mind spreading it around to those vendors who give a little something back.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Brandon, does the catback system go on sale in the spring or summer? I read there are periodic sales throughout the year, but I'm not clear if that includes the catback system?

·
Registered
454 Posts
During the last two years I've already bought and countinue to buy a lot parts for my S60: any time I got perfect quality of service for IPD and high parts quality.
Many thanks Brandon and other guys in IPD.

·
3,829 Posts
Coming from a sales and production perspective. You guys do realize IPD is catering to a very small market. Production costs are always going to be high when dealing with a small demographic. I don't have much IPD stuff but the stuff I do have is nice and it's far better than most companies as far as quality. Your paying for customer service, exclusivity and parts that would not be made by any name brand manufacturer if you requested it. If it's too much, don't buy it...

Thanks IPD, for the great service and amazing site layout that helps everyone get parts a whole lot easier. That all said you guys need to carry OEM spec LED bulbs!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
+1 (if I even count anymore........)

I have been an ipd customer since the seventies, I even got one of the first set of heavy duty rear springs for my 145s they made. yes some things are average price, however, their ipd heavy duty parts (sway bars, spring seats. end links, etc. are the best I have used.

maybe having a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx77xx customer number has made me a fan boy, but, so be it. the best customer service I have gotten anywhere I go.

best to all.

edit; I just had to jump in.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When I found IPD years ago, it was like finding the Holy Grail. A small business that deals in my Volvo obsession. There prices were higher than some places, but seemed well worth it for the small business service. Coming from a family that grew up in my dad's small business this was right by me. Then one time I went to them for some help, having never needed real customer service. They failed. Okay, that's forgivable, so I wrote them and got silence. At that point all I cared for was a response, but since none came, I've never used them again. My S60R is 100% devoid of IPD parts as are a handful of Volvos of people who know me because of this. There is no point in paying a premium for part to a small business unless they give you the advantage of dealing with a small business.

As far as items on sale at most online retailers, I find in general the things that you want are never on sale, and the things marked down are valueless or were marked up the week before. I have literally seen stuff on sale that I saw some time earlier for the same price, and this is not necessarily at IPD.
Sent from my rotor-dial phone with the help of Cortana.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts