SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

iPD/VST S60R roof spoiler.

10K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Sue Esponte 
#1 ·

Why-1? Because it looks cool
Why-2? Because I have been convinced it actually does something. The spoiler reduces drag and add's high speed stability. Mileage will improve some at higher speeds.

What's in the box?

An unpainted and untreaded Polyester spoiler. Very lightweight.
A nice iPD badge and a letter explaining what and why.
A tube of glue, enough to glue 3000 spoilers..

How safe is it and will it stay on the car only using the provided glue?

Well.. This has been tested and approved. The test consisted of 80 miles of normal city/road driving with speeds up to ~ 65 mph. 250 miles of highway driving with speeds between 120 and 135 mph for the most part and a couple of high speed runs near 160 mph with a top speed of 166 mph. 55 miles of track time with speeds up to 130 mph.

Guess what? spoiler was still on. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: iPD/VST S60R roof spoiler. (Johann)

Very nice, but you are late ... I asked for pics a week ago

Glue??? Really??? I would have thought 2 sided tape would have been the way to go. It is EXTREMELY difficult to bond anything to glass ... that is why you see those little windshield rear-view mirror repair kits at Autozone

#3 ·

Can't imagine you like that and NOT a roof-spoiler on your V70R

hahahaha...enjoy it m8

#7 ·
Re: iPD/VST S60R roof spoiler. (BenES)

To install a 500.00 roof spoiler and then pay 75.00-150.00 to have it painted. And then to GLUE it to the roof!
Thanks you for the post. I was going to order one of these. No more! It looks great, don't get me wrong. Just think, if a toublesome teenager knew how much that was worth, and that it was glued to the roof. Can you see that kid running down Broadway with his new roof spoiler waving aroung and yelling "they only glued the thing on"!!!! Whoooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would think there would be a locking clip system that would connect it. Just my 2c's

#8 ·

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Spoiler in action,

ummm - nice rear!

#11 ·
Re: (R_Rated)

we are so quick to knock someone's ride. Hey, if you don't like the look, don't say anything and post somewhere else. To each his own. I personally love and can't wait to get mine installed. It is staring at me in my living room right now. Unless the poster specifically asks for your opinion, don't give a negative on. Go on to the nex post!!!

#12 ·
Re: (R Crazy)

Quote, originally posted by R Crazy »
we are so quick to knock someone's ride. Hey, if you don't like the look, don't say anything and post somewhere else. To each his own. I personally love and can't wait to get mine installed. It is staring at me in my living room right now. Unless the poster specifically asks for your opinion, don't give a negative on. Go on to the nex post!!!

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#13 ·
Re: (pico de luuks)

If you would read a little closer.......you would have read, I love the look! I had a roof spoiler on a 2001 M3. Almost identical to the one in question. That sytem had LOCKING clips that went into the frame of the window.(below the trim) I am not trying to knock a purchase from one of my fellow Swede's. Just trying to point out that liquid adhesive would be my last choice of connecting a 650.00 purchase. If you guys go to bavauto.com you will see the roof spoiler that I am talking about. All is well here. And again I love the way it looks. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·
Re: (R Crazy)

Quote, originally posted by R Crazy »
Mash,

Did I specifically say "Mash"? The comment was not directed at you. Without sounding like an a-hole, perhaps you should re-read the post.

I thought you were referring to MASH...so he wasn't in left field with his response.

Didn't see anyone else "knock" it per say... if you were referring to Token's comment, he said it looked fantastic, but was suggesting an elevated rear spoiler also, (which I don't think would look good), but I didn't see anything that was offensive.

Besides, Johann is a BIG guy (literally), he can handle other people's opinions.

#16 ·
Re: ("R" Kelly)

He was referring to R_Rated's response that the glue will be stronger than the spoiler. (if you look at the title it will make sense).

I really like it. I would also agree that a larger deck spoiler would match the window spoiler better.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#17 ·
Re: (pie_ya)

Quote, originally posted by pie_ya »
He was referring to R_Rated's response that the glue will be stronger than the spoiler. (if you look at the title it will make sense)

See, he replied to R_Rated, but he said "if you don't like the look", R_Rated didn't comment about looks, anyways, don't really want to talk about this.

I thought the spoiler looked sharp Johann, although it didn't seem to stretch all the way across the glass at the bottom of the spoiler.

#20 ·

Johann,

I like it. Being one of the first with this piece I went ahead and glued it, it's not going anywhere.

Can I say something that should be construed only as my opinion. It does not look as good on your car as say others ( ok mine) mainly because the rest of your car is stock: read no bodykit. The window spoiler is usually the last piece one adds when doing aero add-ons from personal exp. Again this is just my opinion. But then again the picture of the car in motion from the rear makes it look better...perhaps its just the angle.

#21 ·
Re: iPD/VST S60R roof spoiler. (ForceReconTrojan)

Something that is interesting, is at the GTG, we had 14 R owners there, and 11 P2 owners.

I noticed the spoiler right away (cuz, well I get paid to notice everything and I read about it last week on SS), but almost NO ONE else did, even when we mentioned VST roof spoiler, some people still didn't catch it, they looked at trunk.

So even on a "stock" car, it looks like it came from factory that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.