SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Swedespeed community!!!!

I thought it would be good to share a few pictures of a new product that is about to hit. These images are completely raw, they're not web ready images! I stole this part out of the manufacturing run before they get anodized.

We developed a V-band adapter for our Silicone Charge Air Pipe. The Charge Air Pipe is coming soon. We created this V-band so one OTE Charge Pipe will work for all R models. I've been getting quite a few enthusiasts requesting this piece so it allows the end user to create their own OTE etc.

Not for sale yet, but will be soon. Again, please don't hold me accountable for the "sub par" images, but figured you would like to see what we have coming out soon!

Hope you like!

I will make sure and post pricing once we have stock on this part. Should have them ready in the next few weeks.

These are all support components for our up and coming turbocharger / Stage III kit. Just for customers who aren't familiar with that project, you can check out the "Ask IPD" performance section in swedespeed. There is a new thread with updated information on the project. Be nice!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice! When are you guys coming out with your charge pipe? Mines cracked :(

·
Registered
727 Posts
this looks awesome! cannot wait to see the charge air pipe. Is it going to be 2.5 inch diameter piping ?

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this looks awesome! cannot wait to see the charge air pipe. Is it going to be 2.5 inch diameter piping ?
You are correct! It's consistent all the way from the intercooler to the compressor cover. It's amazing how poor the design is of the factory pipe. It really necks down in certain areas. Our pipe flows much better! I'll post up some pictures soon. We also have a video that shows the pipe. If you haven't seen it, check this out below-

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! When are you guys coming out with your charge pipe? Mines cracked :(
Our shipment is on the water now. We should have them mid September. I'm having a few sent air freight so I can get beauty shots, add them to the site, and post up some pictures of the final versions here! I'll keep everyone posted once they arrive! Silicone Charge Air Pipe "OTE" is so nice! Two Clamps and that's it! It's completely wire reinforced all the way through. I posted a video above if you haven't seen it yet, just FYI.

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
I am really interested in this and the charge pipe! Should make the connection to my fmic even better!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Why not give some more details on the up and coming stage 3?

Edit sorry Chris reading the other forum now..:beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
998 Posts
So... You don't need this adapter for 06 and newer R cars, correct?

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
I think they other thread is pretty well updated with that information.

With that said, what would the whp be around for about 450 crank hp on our caRs

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I'd be interested in this since my pipe has gouges in it from the factory holders cause the rubber inserts had fallen out and rubbed into the pipe :\

Will this pipe only come in black or blue? any chance for neon green? :D I joke of course.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree...or I might go to viva ...:)
We have a thread dedicated to stage three in the "ask ipd" section of swedespeed . We are manufacturing our own turbocharger. all the information regarding the turbo and supporting components are listed and up to date in that thread. Thank you

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd be interested in this since my pipe has gouges in it from the factory holders cause the rubber inserts had fallen out and rubbed into the pipe :\

Will this pipe only come in black or blue? any chance for neon green? :D I joke of course.
Sorry- no green! We are offering it up in blue and black. Gonna be amazing stuff!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts