SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so is the ipd turbo waste gate spring worth putting in if I dont have the boost pressure gauge adjuster? sorry if these aren't the right name for the items, bare with me.

Also im debating on buying the ipd charge pipe. Is it worth the money? Or is there a better kit? I already have the intercooler coupler kit. Stock TPC (Turbo charge pipe)
Also when you buy the end links for anti sway bars, are you buying one at a time for front and rear? Like dose the rear come in a set of two? Or do you have to buy 4 endlinks total? Two in the back and two in the front?

My car 2001 Volvo S60 2.4T P2

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I will spend my money on ARD tune first

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Heavier wastegate spring is only needed if you are tuned to run much higher boost than factory, no it's not worth for a stock setup.

That IPD charge pipe is an absolute joke to me, and an expensive one at that! What do they want like $350 or something right? That's just stupid when you can do an entire 2.5" FMIC kit for $200...... A huge waste of money in my opinion.

Endlinks are sold as pairs, you need a pair for the front and a pair for the front.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See that's what I was thinking!!! All that money for one pipe? No thanks...

Ok thanks! Big help!

·
Registered
877 Posts
That IPD charge pipe is an absolute joke to me, and an expensive one at that! What do they want like $350 or something right? That's just stupid when you can do an entire 2.5" FMIC kit for $200...... A huge waste of money in my opinion.
Yeah I agree, seems a bit absurd, you could have a custom mandrel bent pipe made by an exhaust shop for cheaper. I think it'd be cool to have an oval charge pipe made by an exhaust shop if I was going to spend the money on something like that.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Charge pipe doesn't mean anything if your stock intercooler can't pass the gas volume quickly enough with enough efficiency though. Trust me a simple 2.5" aluminum piping system and matched FMIC core is more than enough for almost any car on these boards. Once you get to +500-800HP than sure start looking for 3" intercooler piping but not necessary for most people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just dont like the plastic one I have on now, I want something metal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts